Appleton OUT

Anything yellow and blue
Mr T
Brat

Re: Appleton OUT

Post by Mr T »

I also apologise for not having faith at the time. I do remember that what followed that season was a glorious finale, culminating in a triumphant 3-0 win at Prenton Park which helped send Tranmere down and lost Mickey Adams his job.
Bring back the black away shirt!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I think every one of us who got nervous about our place in the Football League owes MApp an apology. He has worked wonders at our club and must be regarded up there with the likes of Jim Smith, Maurice Evans and Arthur Turner.
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Post by Shoobedoo »

I don't have a slice of humble pie but I do have a slightly stale blueberry muffin which I will consume in a contritional way as a mark of my repentance for being the third contributor to this thread. The last two seasons have been a joy to watch (at least when I've been able to watch - working on Saturdays is a bastard) and I think we're playing the best football for years - probably since 1996 under Denis and possibly since the glory years of the mid-80's. We have an absolute gem in Mapp.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Kernow Yellow wrote:He has been set a target for the rest of the season. Two games in and it's getting much harder for him - we basically need to win all our remaining home games plus one or two away. And the home games are key, since (as with Wilder) it's the home form that's particularly alienating the punters.

I don't see him achieving that target and will be delighted to see him go at the end of the season if he doesn't. I just hope and pray that he can see us to safety in the meantime, because changing manager now would be madness - you only need to look at last season to see how badly wrong appointing a manager for the last few games of the season can go!
Well I'm pretty comfortable with all that. He did turn it round that season, proving me and others wrong, and we've never looked back. Well done MApp.

As for the rest of you calling for his head :roll: