Resilient

Anything yellow and blue
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Resilient

Post by Werthers Original »

Yellows! We're quite a resilient bunch now, aren't we? Though we give the impression of being predominantly youthful and physically slight, especially compared with a team like Morecambe. Quite a few NW people in our squad so they'll probably be having a good night with friends and family.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re: Resilient

Post by OUFC4eva »

As somebody once said - " Get In ! "

(what a great picture - just what we need)
Last edited by OUFC4eva on Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Another unexpectedly excellent result. 8 points from relegation zone feels like a healthy gap.

It seems every time I expect a defeat we win, and when I expect a win we don't. Frustratingly inconsistent, but at least we're pulling away from danger.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Safe now,good as.TFFT.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Snake wrote:Safe now,good as.TFFT.
Mmm, if we win our next two home games I may dare to begin to agree ... what an achievement, a Top 22 finish!

Excellent result yesterday, no complaints about that!
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

Come on then doom merchants explain that result away .

Top quality defensive performance yesterday . O'Dowda was great when he came on.

I don't know how many times I've posted this but you have to do the basics to win
L2 matches. Ie. 100% effort, closing down of opposition and fearless blocking. Yesterday we were on the money .

This starting 11 looks competitive and combatitive.

No chance of being anywhere near the bottom 2 on that showing. .

Well done Appleton .
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Yesterday was good, but we're still on for our lowest league position since the return to the league. Don't be too hasty in your praise for Appleton. Every time we've had a step forward, we quickly go backwards again. We need to put a proper run together. (And It was another win against 10 men too, it should be remembered.)

I'm kinda sick of you having a go at "doom merchants". Nobody's saying we never win games, just that we'd rather be a tad higher in the table. (I'd rather be a "doom merchant" than as easily satisfied as you apparently are!)
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I've noticed in the past that O'Dowda looked a big lightweight and easily bundled off the ball (Charlton last year in the FA Cup for instance), anyway, looks like an extra year of growing and some serious gym time in training has changed that.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Agree Slappy - he's put on some muscle in the past 18 months
since he made his debut at The Valley in August 2013.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Mr Pollard, I don't think anyone is disputing that was a good performance and result (although I wasn't there Jerome and didn't listen to it either) but even you have qualified your comments with "yesterday" twice and a "that showing" - presumably you weren't there and didn't listen on Tuesday night or a great many other home games?
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Eric Pollard wrote:Come on then doom merchants explain that result away .

Top quality defensive performance yesterday . O'Dowda was great when he came on.

I don't know how many times I've posted this but you have to do the basics to win
L2 matches. Ie. 100% effort, closing down of opposition and fearless blocking. Yesterday we were on the money .

Well done Appleton .
How would you like to pay me that tenner?
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

ty cobb wrote:

Well done Appleton .
How would you like to pay me that tenner?

Why, did the season finish yesterday?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Eric Pollard wrote:
Why, did the season finish yesterday?
No. It was effectively over by the end of September.
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

Hog wrote:Mr Pollard, I don't think anyone is disputing that was a good performance and result (although I wasn't there Jerome and didn't listen to it either) but even you have qualified your comments with "yesterday" twice and a "that showing" - presumably you weren't there and didn't listen on Tuesday night or a great many other home games?
I don't comment on games I don't see. We were bad on Tuesday. We still got a point.

What's your point?

Little' Morecambe did quite well yesterday I note.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Well done Appleton .
Post when we're winning, you only post when we're winning, post when we're winning, you only post when we're winning!