Mansfield at home.

Anything yellow and blue
Hog
Grumpy old git

Mansfield at home.

Post by Hog »

Lose and he should be sacked. Draw or win and he can leave on a high by resigning!
Mr T
Brat

Re: Mansfield at home.

Post by Mr T »

Which ex-player will, if any, be the one to undo us? Junior Brown? Got to win this one...
Bring back the black away shirt!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Mr T wrote:Which ex-player will, if any, be the one to undo us? Junior Brown? Got to win this one...
Who says it will be just the one of them?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Well it won't be Raynes as he is out with a hamstring problem.

Alex Fisher warms the bench and John Demspter has also been
out of the picture. Heslop and Brown started against Northampton
and Murray came off the bench with four minutes left to play.

It's all about US.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

OUFC4eva wrote:Well it won't be Raynes as he is out with a hamstring problem.

Alex Fisher warms the bench and John Demspter has also been
out of the picture. Heslop and Brown started against Northampton
and Murray came off the bench with four minutes left to play.

It's all about US.
I was at the away game - let's hope Murray stays on the bench this time......
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Best player to have played for the U's and the Stags ?

Matt Green, Gordon Hodgson, Neil Whatmore, Les Robinson, Mick Vinter?

No …. got to be Sir Keith Cassells

OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Adam Murray ahead of tonight's home match with Luton Town:
http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/a ... 76070.aspx
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

1-0 :arrow:
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Well - who'd have thought we'd actually post up our biggest win in ages - and I suppose it has to be asked, who'd have thought not one person who mention it on here until five to midnight???
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Good result - it's eased my fears a little again. Surprisingly good crowd there too, judging by the figure. Can we actually put a consistent run together now though?
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

Encouraging that we had begun to win the physical and psychological battle before we scored - we were [choose your cliché] 'up for it'. MacDonald is a good player, and I think Collins over the last couple of home games has done an awful lot of unglamorous work.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

We were incredibly nervous for the first few minutes. Fortunately their new loan signing from Brighton screwed his shot wide, the Clarke fumble went wide, then their deflected shot went the right side of the post. After that, we settled down and they offered nothing from there on. Interestingly, Murray in his comments did not mention the 'foul' on their keeper for our first goal (which clearly was not, but which RadOx kept banging on about for some reason), nor the ludicrous hand-ball by Hylton not receiving a (second) yellow card. Instead, he focused more on them having played five games in 15 days and having had a hard game in midweek. So, let us hope Pompey's midweek game this week has the same effect on them.

I am puzzled by the criticism of Hoban for not scoring, when his hold-up play and distribution is exactly what we have been lacking for so long. I also agree that Collins had an excellent game - Whing-like in breaking up attacks, but with more mobility and better skill in the passing.

Clearly McDonald is an excellent signing. Baldock looked very good indeed and the longer the game went on, the better Long looked. The little bit we saw of Roofe was also very promising.

We will not often again this season come up against a team offering so little, but we did what we had to, we did not concede and hopefully MApp will not be bringing anyone else in this season so everyone can settle down and get us over the line.

A ridiculous number of ex-United players scored for other teams this weekend, but for once our own players scored enough for it not to be so galling...
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

At times we looked a talented attacking side, and it was great to see the players smiling and enjoying themselves. It will mean nothing if we can't follow it up, of course.

The moaners and panickers have gone quiet?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Made my afternoon seeing that result on the big screens in the concourse of the Liberty at full time.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

the difference for me was that this was a game where we converted dominance into goals, and made the game comfortable.

macdonald may have got man of the match, but i think mullins is in with a good shout of that for his work in that half hour period where the game was even and a real scrap. but once we got our goal, we got a grip on the game, and made sure we scored the goals to retain that. macdonald can really strike a shot, can't he?

very impressed with long, too. i can see why he was chosen ahead of meades. he made an early slip when he tried to take a player on in the wrong area, but we got away with it and hopefully that is an important part of his education. he took the ball forward on a couple of occassions and showed some real footballing ability.

a lot of work to do, but so encouraging to see us not just win, but deserve to win, and to make our periods of dominance count so that we were comfortable.