#together

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: #together

Post by Kernow Yellow »

neilw wrote:Very good point Myles, you're not wrong there, especially given MApp's "head coach" role which implies Ashton is responsible for transfers in/out.
What about that other guy specifically in charge of recruitment - Watson is it? Who really knows who's making what decisions, and it doesn't make much difference - this building for the future is all very well but it's the present season which worries most of us at the moment.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

The owners should absolutly be getting it in the neck. They appointed, and are sticking with, on what we've seen so far, a clueless manager who is a mate. They are overseeing a bunch of established league pros leaving being replaced (or in the case of our RB not replaced) by youngsters who can't get a game or players from non league. They appear to have no plans in place for the stadium, they apparently didn't even speak to FK before taking over.

Actions speak louder than words, not matter how powerful those words are, their actions so far have resulted in a rabble on the pitch that even at home in front of 7000 fans can't beat a team reduced to ten men for most the match.

There's weren't the only bid on the table and they need to quickly start demonstrating why they are the right people to take OUFC forward.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Hog wrote:
Shoobedoo wrote:#together - we're heading for the Conference.
I'm not. The club may be but I'm not going with them this time.
Same here. There's non-league football just down the road from me, and I reckon I'd enjoy it more without 40 years of supporting baggage. There's also a better chance that my hard-earned will go towards the club rather than swilling around a bunch of 'cleverly' repackaged debts for the sake of a hedge fund.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Hog wrote:
Shoobedoo wrote:#together - we're heading for the Conference.
I'm not. The club may be but I'm not going with them this time.
Less than 5 years ago there was a bandwagon passing by your doorstep, Dave. They failed to get into the League I play-offs by a whole 7 points in that season, but now appear to be pushing for a Champions League spot. Just goes to show how it CAN happen to clubs that are well managed.

I’ll be popping in down there a week Sunday as it’s one the most atmospheric grounds in the country.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/en ... 2010/table
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Won't be jumping on that one John, or any other. I used to go to The Dell 4-5 times a season but have only been to St Mary's twice, once in the first season to see what it was like and then to a development game v. Chelsea when they let people (and, more importantly, kids who were in the last week of the school summer holidays) in for free and got a crowd of about 6k. I love what they've achieved and are doing now but it's not my club.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

Good post that ^^^^^
Well said Hog - seems we only have one "bandwagon jumper" on this forum? :lol: ;)
STEVE F
Brat

Post by STEVE F »

THINK I MAY HAVE SEEN THE ANSWER TO OUR RIGHT BACK NEED SAM RICKETTS WOULD I THINK BE IDEAL KNOWS THE CLUB AND KNOWS HOW TO DEFEND , AS FOR MIDFIELD WOULD LIKE KEITH ANDREWS AND FOR A WINGER LEE HOLMES RYAN WILLIAMS OR CHRIS EAGLES , WE HAVE SOME GOOD PLAYERS AT OXFORD UNITED BUT WE NEED SOME CLASS TO GO WITH THEM AND TO GET THEM LIKE IT OR NOT IS GOING TO COST MONEY . IT IS NOW TIME FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO CONTROL THE PURSE STRINGS AT OXFORD UNITED TO FACE UP TO THESE FACTS .
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

YOU FORGOT DEAN WHITEHEAD ... AND ASA HALL.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

I THINK WE SHOULD SIGN PHIL TRAINER, STEVE ANTHROBUS AND JAMIE HAND TOO. NOT FORGETTING MARK E'BEYER
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

PEOPLE ON HERE HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT FOOTBALL. WE NEED TO GET EMILIANO DIAZ BACK.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

MIKE SALMON IS OUR LEADER!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Big Ron could still do a job!
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Derek Clarke is Guest of Honour on Saturday - tell him to bring his boots.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Dr Bob wrote:Derek Clarke is Guest of Honour on Saturday - tell him to bring his boots.
And a couple of his brothers :o )
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

You're all very mean (don't get me wrong, I don't think these are sensible suggestions, but ...). And, to be fair, Wolves did announce that Ricketts was available on loan ... He's 33 if that makes you feel sufficiently old!