Grumpy old git

Re: TRANSFERS...

Post by OUFC4eva »

Welcome to Oxford Jamie Ashdown.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

I don't normally get in any way excited about transfer windows - indeed I've hated the fact that modern football fans and pundits seem to judge teams almost solely on how much money they've spent during a particular period. But since the expectation at OUFC all season has been that the new regime's 'real' team would be in place after January, and the hopeful noises coming out of the club about transfer targets, this one was always going to be a bit different.

So how have we done?

As far as I can see we've strengthened in one key area (wide attacking player who can score goals), which is a good thing.

We've lost bodies up front with Campbell sent (marched?) back to Jarrow and Hoskins injured again, but for all Barnett's attributes I'd have been uncomfortable about what would surely have been a large amount of money being spent on a player who didn't seem to want to come here at any point. In any case with Hylton, Roberts and Hoban we should have goals in the front line.

From reports of Saturday we may have finally a couple of good full-backs, but one of them is only here for a month as things stand (it's not clear how long Skarz's contract is), so we can't really say that those positions are sewn up yet at all.

We have failed to sign a midfielder despite most fans feeling that was where we most urgently needed new blood to inject some creativity into the side. But if Ashby and Ruffels come good quickly enough that might not be so much of a problem.

Oh, and we've signed a back-up keeper. At least we assume he's here for back-up...
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

The U's sign midfielder Jeremy Balmy, 20 on a deal until the end of the season.
The Frenchman has previously plied his trade in his native France with Le Havre and
more latterly at Notts County.

Balmy joined Brighton in 2012

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/ ... almy_talk/
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Watching John Still's interview ahead of Luton's game v York on Hatters player last night
he revealed that he was looking at signing an Oxford player
recently but in the interview would not reveal - quite rightly - the players' name.

http://www.player.lutontown.co.uk/lates ... ad-to-york
STEVE F
Brat

Post by STEVE F »

TIME FOR CLARKE , WRIGHT AND WHING TO GO THESE THREE PLAYERS ARE JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND ARE COSTING US GAMES , TIME FOR THE OWNERS TO FIND FRESH INVESTMENT URGENTLY .
THE PROBLEMS AT OXFORD UNITED WILL ONLY START TO BE SOLVED WHEN OXFORD UNITED PLAY AT A GROUND WHICH IS OWNED OUTRIGHT BY OXFORD UNITED , THIS IS WHERE THE ROOT OF ALL PROBLEMS AT OXFORD UNITED STEM FROM
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Post by Shoobedoo »

OK I'll bite...

WHING DIDN'T PLAY LAST NIGHT SO HOW THE HELL DID HE COST US ANYTHING?

I know I know, don't feed the troll...

Are you Steve Foster, by the way?
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

George Baldock signs on loan from Franchise FC.

What is Appleton doing? One can only assume his strategy is "If I throw enough Skoda parts against a wall, eventually they'll turn into a Ferrari".
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

I guess he's building for next season, looking at players to see which are worth signing on longer contracts.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Brindley's loan was only short term and expires later this month. Maybe he was not made available for longer, whereas Baldock clearly is being made available for longer. Besides, it appears that Baldock has been on MApps radar since last summer.

Certainly cannot be as Kairdiff Exile suggests, because Skodas are so well engineered...
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

MK Dons full back George Baldock, brother of striker Sam, joins United on loan until the end of the season.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Another day, another loan signing:- http://www.oufc.co.uk/news/article/oxfo ... 67976.aspx

I believe next on the list are my brother, and my Uncle Reginald.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

And Campbell is back on another loan. Great!
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Bloody hell! Based purely on his running style I have taken against him, but the other loaners look promising, young primarily attacking players from better teams. As long as they don't destabilize us, they could produce a gem, and they won't be costing much
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Kemar Roofe joins United on loan from WBA for a month.