Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: Meh

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Boogie wrote:I'll go first Eric.

8th - a near miss.

What do you say?
I think you'll find you've gone second actually - I predicted 15th further up the page. Though now I've sobered up I reckon maybe I was being a little pessimistic! Still, the way we've been playing we'll need a big improvement to trouble the top half of the table.

The next two games are pivotal, and very winnable, against teams in poor form below us in the table. 6 points from them and who knows what the season could bring? Failure to win at least one could see some natives getting pretty restless though I reckon.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Actually I think you'll find I was first although of the three bets on offer I see EP hasn't taken any up.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

ty cobb wrote:Actually I think you'll find I was first.
I think you'll find we're still waiting for your prediction. Your only guess so far has given you two thirds of the available positions (9th to 24th)!
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Apologies Mr Kernow for not seeing your prediction before I posted mine.

The odds will be stacked against Mr Pollard if he takes everyone on...
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

So what's your exact prediction than Ty ?
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

I don't really understand this obsession with predictions. I want us to do as well as possible, rather than hope the team gets close to where I might guess they end up. The point isn't really about where we think the team may end up, it's that at the moment it isn't really performing very well at all, and relegation is still very much a danger. I wouldn't predict that the team actually gets relegated, but I wouldn't have done so last time they went down either.

This feels to me like an attempt to pretend that people who point out that we're not actually doing very well actually *want* us not to do well. As if you can point a finger at them and laugh and say "you were wrong" if things did suddenly start to improve. Whereas all of us here want them to improve. We're just concerned. And it's far better that people point out that things aren't rosy when they aren't. If roses suddenly start to bloom, then we'll all be happy, right?
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

It's a bit of fun. This forum is so po-faced sometimes.

I say we'll finish 10th.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

I think everyone on here wants us to do well which is why it's so bloody frustrating when we keep coming up short. I will go for 12th and look forward to the disappointment of going backwards being offset by a tenner.

Happy new year all.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

We'll secure 7th with a last-minute goal on the final day, before being docked 3 points for a procedural error in the January transfer window.
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

Expecting a slight improvement in the second half of the season: 13th
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

An amazing string of results take Us to 5th in the table by April. Manager then sacked because he’s apparently lured by another Division IV club but the replacement process takes a month to get sorted. In the meantime Rome burns and we finish 8th or 9th.

All the best for 2015...
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

ty cobb wrote:I think everyone on here wants us to do well which is why it's so bloody frustrating when we keep coming up short. I will go for 12th and look forward to the disappointment of going backwards being offset by a tenner.

Happy new year all.
Looks like most of us are still in with a shout for this...............
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

I just hope we translate this too-late good run into something good at the start of next season.

Interesting though that, despite our recent upturn, our home record hasn't really improved since the days when we were posting about being scared of relegation. It was 4-3-4 then and 7-9-7 now. We have to thank away form for our escape though - 8 wins since Christmas, just 3 of them at home.