Football League Show

Anything yellow and blue
Mr T
Brat

Re: Football League Show

Post by Mr T »

I agree; Channel 5 are not going to have me watching them again this season, especially when SKY still has an excellent I hour round-up programme the next day (now without the chat in the SKY café with their token lattes!), plus there's always further Oxford highlights on YouTube the next day.
Bring back the black away shirt!
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Mr T wrote:I agree; Channel 5 are not going to have me watching them again this season, especially when SKY still has an excellent I hour round-up programme the next day (now without the chat in the SKY café with their token lattes!), plus there's always further Oxford highlights on YouTube the next day.
I agree after refusing to pay for something which is being funded by the licence payer, wanting to listen to the lutob game the fantastic highlights and the fact I get this on my android phone now made me give it a go for a month.

Only downside was commentary on sat kept cutting out for half a second which was very frustrating is that normal?
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Well, it is nice to know that the overriding sense on here is one of "I'll consume football highlights however I want (YouTube, OUFC yellow player, SKY prog, C5 FL show), ergo when I want and via whatever media delivery system I choose (android phone, big screen TV or laptop)". I'm a huge fan of yellow player for live matches and was able to listen to the Luton game in my hotel room in Taipei on Sat, but I'll choose to watch highlights on YouTube at my leisure, most likely on a train when heading somewhere. The days of scheduled progs for things like football highlights mush be over and MOTD is saved, IMHO, by its historic importance. The analysis is poor (mostly, depending on who is presenting) and with only a small number of games played at 3pm in Sat, and the fact I can watch hughlights while reading about the match via my Times digital subscription, means that I can't actually remember the last time I made a note to sit down at and watch MOTD at 10.30 on a Saturday.

As for the FL show, I always recorded it and just watched the L2 or OUFC highlights (often via I player if away) but since the YouTube channel has opened, I just watch the highlights on that.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

ty cobb wrote:Only downside was commentary on sat kept cutting out for half a second which was very frustrating is that normal?
I was going to say that lots of people complain about YP commentary quality, but I've not often had problems so I suspected it was their internet connections.

BUT I'm now listening to the Notts County game, and it's awful! As you say cutting out for half a second every 5 or 10 seconds. Very frustrating and a massive deterioration in what was a decent service. You used to be able to choose between two streams (of which the 'old player' one was more consistent), but now there's just the PlayerHD live option, which has massively improved the video highlights but seems to have made audio commentary worse. Unless others are not having these issues and it is indeed my hardware causing it?

And we've conceded first again!