Grimsby away

Anything yellow and blue
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re: Grimsby away

Post by Radley Rambler »

Jimski wrote:Good result - I was expecting us to struggle in this one. When is the draw btw? Tomorrow or Monday?
Monday - 7pm
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Wow, so I've just hit the sack at a friends house where we've been for dinner with the missus already ahead of me in bed and I didn't expect to see the goal online so early: dan, I don't think this is a PR fail by the beeb, but more punters not expecting to see the goals online so early (I'm used to waiting for the local BBC news on a Monday night... Let alone this new found luxury of a 'YouTube channel' for highlight 24 hours later! What is this? The future or something?!) but how wonderful to see out goals before I actually sleep.

Just a note; I pressed play on the link expecting to see some lower level 'scrambled into to he goal' goals. What hit me was a totally brilliant strike from a youth team player. How wonderfully refreshing this was and what' huge kudos I have to pass on on to Roberts. Well done lad.

I hope he buys my book...
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Having witnessed Roberts' performance at Blundell Park first hand
it was not just his goals that were impressive - it was his all round play.
He looks a confident young striker, he has a good build and looks to have the ability
to hold the ball and link play.

I was impressed when he came on at Carlisle too.

A good afternoon in Cleethorpes (I've not seen us lose there in the three games I have seen)
a decent little social club (Scotties Bar) under the away stand and truly excellent haddock and chips
near the prom.

Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

And a very confident, assured but measured interview on RadOx only a few minutes after the game finished - he's definitely got something about him.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Hog wrote:And a very confident, assured but measured interview on RadOx only a few minutes after the game finished - he's definitely got something about him.
Indeed - he doesn't sound like a footballer at all!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Nice surreal view of the game from a Grimsby fan site:

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=5193