Grimsby away

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Grimsby away

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Booooooo!

I can't think of any positives for this one. 'cept maybe fish 'n' chips.
Eric Pollard
Brat

Re: Grimsby away

Post by Eric Pollard »

Draw could have been worse . Never been to
Grimsby.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Eric Pollard wrote:Draw could have been worse . Never been to
Grimsby.
But since their ground is in Cleethorpes...
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

Never been there either.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Maybe we'll get to see someone from Strictly Come Dancing at halftime?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Appleton says “ it’ll be a good opportunity for some of the players on the fringes to get an opportunity, as well as making sure we have a strong enough side to get into the next round.”

For crying out loud, put out your strongest team (if you know what it is). Unless he's suggesting some of the loanees won't be allowed to play but seriously, how many of them are likely to be re-called by their parent club to play in a later round?

Mark Ashton, United’s chief executive, said: “We always budget to go out in the first round because that’s prudent." Agreed but let's not give up just yet!
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

We do seem to get a really bum deal with cup draws.

When was the last time we were drawn at home?
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

Gateshead - last year.
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Post by Dartford Ox »

Hog wrote:Appleton says “ it’ll be a good opportunity for some of the players on the fringes to get an opportunity, as well as making sure we have a strong enough side to get into the next round.”

For crying out loud, put out your strongest team (if you know what it is). Unless he's suggesting some of the loanees won't be allowed to play but seriously, how many of them are likely to be re-called by their parent club to play in a later round?

Mark Ashton, United’s chief executive, said: “We always budget to go out in the first round because that’s prudent." Agreed but let's not give up just yet!
I think you are missing a points with the loanees. If the parent club intend off-loading the loanee in the January window they will want that loanee to have the maximum value and being cup-tied would decrease their value.
I dont expect Long Riley Jak or THD to play against grimsby. I think Hunt Newey and Meades will play and it could be last chance saloon for all three of them.

I expect Crocombe to get a game as well.
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

I know the league is more important but the F.A. Cup is my favourite competition. Seeing two teams who could be three or four divisions apart battling it out. Waiting with bated breath for the next draw. Marvellous stuff!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Geoff wrote:I know the league is more important but the F.A. Cup is my favourite competition. Seeing two teams who could be three or four divisions apart battling it out. Waiting with bated breath for the next draw. Marvellous stuff!
Love it - http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29839201.app
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Well what the 'fringe' players can apparently do is put on a decent show of how to deal with inferior opposition. Maybe the less 'fringe' players could take a couple of lessons?

Looking forward to the draw now. So long as we don't get bloody Warrington!!! Seriously well done to them though, nice FA Cup story.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Good to see Roberts get his first proper goals. I don't know why but when a player who has come through the ranks performs, it's just more satisfying than usual.

Nice home draw to a non-league side now please.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Good result - I was expecting us to struggle in this one. When is the draw btw? Tomorrow or Monday?
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29972199

BBC hasn't been very good at publicising their coverage of this round, but here are the goals.