Andrew Melville....

Anything yellow and blue
SWA
Puberty

Andrew Melville....

Post by SWA »

....has resigned from his post as OUFC coach. Mickey Lewis to follow? Martin Kuhl to come in?
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Andrew Melville....

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

You beat me to it by a matter of seconds...

I'd predict that a certain Christopher Allen may well make the step up to replace him.

No news yet on the retained list - although I notice that other clubs in the division have started to release theirs.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

Kairdiff Exile wrote:You beat me to it by a matter of seconds...

I'd predict that a certain Christopher Allen may well make the step up to replace him.
or dave kitson, who says it's becoming apparent he can help off the pitch too.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Retained list due by end of week, according to GW after the game at the weekend.
Comments on club site from IL suggest he will talk to GW about coaches, which I suspect will lead to someone from outside coming in (unless either party are particularly keen on Kitson getting the role). While Allen to coach and kitson to youths is a possibility, I'm inlcined to believe it will be an outsider of GW's choosing.
Lewis will probably be found a role somewhere within the youths/devs/ladies/education academy.
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

Cone Man should be shown the door. (Have no idea re his contract terms though.)
Kuhl left Wycombe under a cloud didn't he? Maybe it's time for a bully boy approach to the players though?
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

After what GW's seen since he's been here, I don't think that printing the retained list will require changing the ink cartridge...
Andrewmaha
Brat

Post by Andrewmaha »

And only one day after leaving Oxford Andy found himself awarded a place in the Robbie James Wall of Fame down at Swansea City.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Andrewmaha wrote:And only one day after leaving Oxford Andy found himself awarded a place in the Robbie James Wall of Fame down at Swansea City.
Well spotted Mr. maha.

Maybe the same kind of idea could be adopted in the Exhibition/Headington/Red/12th Man (or whatever it’s now called) bar as it doesn’t cost much. A few engraved bricks and an off the peg bronze bull (not an Ox) bought from a garden centre in Bicester at the insistence of the local planning authority could be improved upon.

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/Wall-of-Fame.aspx
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

A 'Wall of Fame' named after the holder of a 1986 Milk Cup Final loser's medal (RIP) and one of whose founder members appears to be Nick Cusack! I like it already.

Don't know what to make of Melville's departure. Waddock claims to be surprised by it. Did AM not fancy working under the new boss? He played at the highest level and must have decent contacts within the game. But on the other hand he's been here a while and the benefits of his coaching haven't always been immediately apparent. Anyway, I remember his playing days at OUFC very fondly, and wish him all the best whatever he goes on to (unless it's Sw*ndon of course).