Contracts

Anything yellow and blue
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Contracts

Post by Mooro »

Latest contract situation (as at Tues 13th May):

OOC (seniors) - Newey,

To 2015 - Crocombe(+2yrs), Hunt(+1), Rose(+1), Whing(+1), Meades, Potter(+1), O'Dowda(+1), Kitson, Marsh(+2), Raynes, Wright, Roberts (+1), Humphreys (+1), Long (+1), Shama (+1), Hawtin (+1), Bevans, Newey (+1)
To 2016 - Clarke(+1), Mullins, Ruffels (+2), Ashby(+2)
Extensions granted (8/5) (one year): Raynes (appearances) Wright (club option) Bevans (one year)
New deals completed (24/4) (1yr +1yr club option): Roberts, Humphreys - both signed 8th May
New deals completed (6/5) (1yr +1yr club option): Long, Shama (both signed 13/5), Hawtin (signed 8/5)
New deal completed (27/5) (1yr+1yr club option): Newey

LEFT THE CLUB:
Graduating Scholars (released 24/4) - Hill, Clarke, Calvin, Hackett, Ekpiteta, Ingram
OOC Dev players (released 6/5) - Lynn, Lee
Loan players returning to host clubs (ann 8/5) - Williams, Wroe, Connolly
Options not taken up (8/5) - Rigg
Released at end of contract (8/5) - Davies, Smalley
Offer turned down - Constable

Squad for 14/15 (*dev):

GK: Clarke, Crocombe*
FB: Hunt, Newey, , Bevans*
CB: Mullins, Wright, Raynes, Long*
MF: Rose, Whing, Meades, Ruffels, Ashby*,
WM: Potter, O'Dowda*, humphreys*, Hawtin*
FW: Kitson, , Marsh*,Roberts*, Shama*
Last edited by Mooro on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Contracts

Post by Jimski »

Just because I've never quite understood this: how do the extra year options work exactly?
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

There is a one-year option on Jake Wright (Oxford Mail, 19.10.11). Seconding Jimski, does this mean we can insist he stays?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Mooro wrote:Following Old Ab's comment in the Waddock thread, I thought I'd move the discussion on contracts to a new thread:

As far as I can establish, the contract situation that Waddock inherits is as follows:

OOC (seniors) - Newey, Wright, Raynes, Davies, Rigg, Beano, Smalley (+Williams, Wroe, Connolly)
OOC (devs) - Bevans, Ruffels, Lee
OOC (devs) with 1yr Options - Lynn, Long, Shama
To 2015 - Crocombe(+2yrs), Hunt(+1), Rose(+1), Whing(+1), Meades, Potter(+1), O'Dowda(+1), Kitson, Marsh(+2)
To 2016 - Clarke(+1), Mullins, Ashby(+2)

Graduating Scholars - Roberts, Hawtin, Humphreys, Hill, Clarke, Calvin, Hackett, Ekpiteta, Ingram
You missed Wayne brown OOC (seniors) - although I'm not sure if he is still regarded as a player. Otherwise that matches my list.

On the scholars, I am much more sketchy. Does Duran Martin graduate this year, as he is same academic age group as the others? Do Eddie Cavanagh, AJ George, Robbie Cundy, Muctaru Conte, and Freddie Grant have another year to go on the same principle. Or does it not work like that?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Jimski wrote:Just because I've never quite understood this: how do the extra year options work exactly?
Typically, the extra year is on behalf of the club, so that they have the choice to keep the player for the extra year without having to negotiate a new deal.
So, yes, we can insist Wright stays for next season (as much as any club can insist a player does anything)
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

GodalmingYellow wrote:
Mooro wrote:Following Old Ab's comment in the Waddock thread, I thought I'd move the discussion on contracts to a new thread:

As far as I can establish, the contract situation that Waddock inherits is as follows:

OOC (seniors) - Newey, Wright, Raynes, Davies, Rigg, Beano, Smalley (+Williams, Wroe, Connolly)
To 2015 - Crocombe(+2yrs), Hunt(+1), Rose(+1), Whing(+1), Meades, Potter(+1), O'Dowda(+1), Kitson, Marsh(+2)

Graduating Scholars - Roberts, Hawtin, Humphreys, Hill, Clarke, Calvin, Hackett, Ekpiteta, Ingram
You missed Wayne brown OOC (seniors) - although I'm not sure if he is still regarded as a player. Otherwise that matches my list.

On the scholars, I am much more sketchy. Does Duran Martin graduate this year, as he is same academic age group as the others? Do Eddie Cavanagh, AJ George, Robbie Cundy, Muctaru Conte, and Freddie Grant have another year to go on the same principle. Or does it not work like that?
I think while Brown COULD still be used, I think the presumption is that he won't be, except as a Judgey type last resort.
Scholars: My understanding is that Duran Martin has chosen to leave the club during this season.
Scholar deals are for two years, Martin was in his second year, while the five that you list are first years, so will all have another year to go. All have been playing regularly, except keeper Cavanagh who has been injured, with Grant actually featuring for the Devs on occasions.
Additionally, for info: Hawtin as actually the same age group as Long, Lynn and O'Dowda but was injured for much of last season, so was allowed a year extension for this season, which he has mainly spent playing for the Devs rather than the U18s // Connor Ingram has similarly been injured for much of this season, so MAY be given a similar extension // Ekpiteta has also been injured for much of the season, however as he joined the U18s via the Education Academy, he is already a year older, so is not allowed a further extention // Calvin is the same age as the second years, but only joined us last summer, so MAY have another year in the U18s // The U16s have apparently been told which have been given scholarships for the next two seasons, but these have not yet been made public, although some have announced it via social media
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Mooro wrote:
GodalmingYellow wrote:

I think while Brown COULD still be used, I think the presumption is that he won't be, except as a Judgey type last resort.
Scholars: My understanding is that Duran Martin has chosen to leave the club during this season.
Scholar deals are for two years, Martin was in his second year, while the five that you list are first years, so will all have another year to go. All have been playing regularly, except keeper Cavanagh who has been injured, with Grant actually featuring for the Devs on occasions.
Additionally, for info: Hawtin as actually the same age group as Long, Lynn and O'Dowda but was injured for much of last season, so was allowed a year extension for this season, which he has mainly spent playing for the Devs rather than the U18s // Connor Ingram has similarly been injured for much of this season, so MAY be given a similar extension // Ekpiteta has also been injured for much of the season, however as he joined the U18s via the Education Academy, he is already a year older, so is not allowed a further extention // Calvin is the same age as the second years, but only joined us last summer, so MAY have another year in the U18s // The U16s have apparently been told which have been given scholarships for the next two seasons, but these have not yet been made public, although some have announced it via social media
Brilliant update. Thanks Mooro.
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

Old Abingdonian wrote:There is a one-year option on Jake Wright (Oxford Mail, 19.10.11). Seconding Jimski, does this mean we can insist he stays?
After tonight, can we insist he goes?
STEVE F
Brat

Post by STEVE F »

WELL I HATE TO HAVE TO SAY IT AGAIN BUT AFTER WATCHING SOUTHEND GAME AM MORE CERTAIN THAN EVER THAT
A CLEAROUT IS A MUST FOR NEXT SEASON SMALLY , WRIGHT , POTTER CONSTABLE , RIGG HAVE TO GO JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH . AS REGUARDS THE YOUNGER PLAYERS NOT USE TO BLAME ANYONE OF THEM EACH HAS DONE GREAT TO GET INTO THE FIRST TEAM THIS SEASON WELL DONE TO ALL OF THEM , THEY HAVE BEEN LET DOWN BY SO CALLED SENIOR PLAYER AS NAMED ABOVE . HOPE RAYNES MULLENS WING WROE KITSON CONNOLY WILLIAMS AND DAVIES ARE ALL FIT AND IN FOR NEXT GAME .
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

GodalmingYellow wrote:Brilliant update. Thanks Mooro.
I'll second that.
STEVE F wrote:WELL I HATE TO HAVE TO SAY IT AGAIN BUT AFTER WATCHING SOUTHEND GAME AM MORE CERTAIN THAN EVER THAT
A CLEAROUT IS A MUST FOR NEXT SEASON SMALLY , WRIGHT , POTTER CONSTABLE , RIGG HAVE TO GO JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH . AS REGUARDS THE YOUNGER PLAYERS NOT USE TO BLAME ANYONE OF THEM EACH HAS DONE GREAT TO GET INTO THE FIRST TEAM THIS SEASON WELL DONE TO ALL OF THEM , THEY HAVE BEEN LET DOWN BY SO CALLED SENIOR PLAYER AS NAMED ABOVE . HOPE RAYNES MULLENS WING WROE KITSON CONNOLY WILLIAMS AND DAVIES ARE ALL FIT AND IN FOR NEXT GAME .
Come on Steve, we all know who you want out, give us something new, please!
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Updates to bring it back to the top of the list...

- Ruffels deal & also a suggestion that Rigg has a one year option for the club on his deal that runs out this summer....

- I've also added what our contracted squad looks like for next season
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Pro deals announced for this years graduating U18s:

http://www.oufc.co.uk/news/article/jame ... 07488.aspx

Two more (on top of ashby, of course) signed on - and worthy recipients too.
Tough on the others, who I hope get chances elsewhere, but I think these three have generally been accepted as the best of the bunch.....

No details on the length of the deals yet, but I'll do a bit of digging

Roberts is a striker, joined us a couple of years back from Wycombe and has scored hatfuls each year, and is one of the top scorers across the country in the league. Not yet 18, so don't expect to see him starting for the seniors for a while yet, but will get there eventually.
Humphreys has flourished in the last year or two. Came up through the agr groups pairing Ashby in central midfield, but has recently been seen more out wide, interspersed with appearances at full back. I think he's more right sided than left, but does play comfortably on both sides and this versatility will do him no harm.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

OOC (seniors) - Newey, Raynes, Davies, Beano, Smalley (+Williams, Wroe, Connolly)
I'd definitely keep Raynes and possibly Beano if Waddock thinks he's going to have a squad and tactics to get him involved, Williams gave the impression he was set up for next season but hasn't indicated whether it's with Oxford or Fulham - I hope it's Oxford.
OOC (seniors) with 1yr option - Wright, Rigg
Got to keep Wright unless he's had his head turned by Noton (or some of our more idiotic fans), Rigg looks like he's running in treacle and can go to Bristol Rovers or Eastleigh or wherever it is he's allegedly already sorted out
OOC (devs) - Bevans, Lee
Thanks and good bye
Thanks and good bye
We're stuck with them but if we can unload Hunt, injury prone Whing and Potter then do it. Kitson will make his own mind up but why would he bother unless Waddock can convince him his new signings and style of play will make it more enjoyable for him. I can't see what O'Dowda brings to the table (sorry!) and Marsh for another two years?!?! - perhaps Eastleigh will take him (but why would they?)
Thank goodness for Clarke and Mullins. I have the same opinion of Ruffels as I do O'Dowda.
New deals (24/4) (length to be confirmed): Roberts, Humphreys
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Hog wrote:OOC (seniors) - Newey, Raynes, Davies, Beano, Smalley (+Williams, Wroe, Connolly)
I'd definitely keep Raynes and possibly Beano if Waddock thinks he's going to have a squad and tactics to get him involved, Williams gave the impression he was set up for next season but hasn't indicated whether it's with Oxford or Fulham - I hope it's Oxford.
OOC (seniors) with 1yr option - Wright, Rigg
Got to keep Wright unless he's had his head turned by Noton (or some of our more idiotic fans), Rigg looks like he's running in treacle and can go to Bristol Rovers or Eastleigh or wherever it is he's allegedly already sorted out
OOC (devs) - Bevans, Lee
Thanks and good bye
Thanks and good bye
We're stuck with them but if we can unload Hunt, injury prone Whing and Potter then do it. Kitson will make his own mind up but why would he bother unless Waddock can convince him his new signings and style of play will make it more enjoyable for him. I can't see what O'Dowda brings to the table (sorry!) and Marsh for another two years?!?! - perhaps Eastleigh will take him (but why would they?)
Thank goodness for Clarke and Mullins. I have the same opinion of Ruffels as I do O'Dowda.
New deals (24/4) (length to be confirmed): Roberts, Humphreys
Not sure of the options on Wright and Rigg, I've got no records of these but could be wrong of course.

Williams said on RadOx after the game that he is highly unlikely to be back at Oxford next season as he wants to play at a higher level.

I'm told RadOx said today is Wroe's last game for Oxford, but I didn't hear this myself.

I'm told that Connolly has already returned to Portsmouth, but again not necessarily from a reliable source.

I'm in 2 minds about Raynes. Good in the air but he's a bit too Bambi on ice for me.

You're a bit harsh on the young players. They can't develop without playing at senior level.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

I'd keep Bevans. I thought he was fairly impressive - for an inexperienced youngster - when he played.