Paul Tisdale

Anything yellow and blue
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Paul Tisdale

Post by Boogie »

Oh well, I would have preferred Kevin Keen but here is the new favourite...

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/T ... story.html
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re: Paul Tisdale

Post by Hog »

Nah! It's been rumbling for weeks but picking up now because United fan's increasing frustrations. Nothing's happening yet. Or is it ... http://www.herefordunited.co.uk/news/ar ... 31080.aspx
The Enforcer
Brat

Post by The Enforcer »

After campaigning to get D.Smith Out and getting punished with Kemp, I've been in the 'stick' rather than 'twist' camp when it comes to managers ever since we moved from The Manor. However, much as I applaud Mad Dog for his loyalty to OUFC, it's got to the point where I would accept almost any managerial appointment (Kemp/Talbot/DiCanio excepted), because the performances and results over the last ten matches smack of relegation rather than promotion form. The following is only one statistic, but it sums up the state of affairs perfectly to me: in each of these ten matches, our opponents have managed more shots on target than we have. Our average is 2.5/game, our opponents is 5.4/game - more than double. This pattern is showing no sign of stopping and so unless an appointment is made imminently, which might reverse the situation, I am convinced that we will finish lower than seventh place.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Hog wrote:Nah! It's been rumbling for weeks but picking up now because United fan's increasing frustrations. Nothing's happening yet. Or is it ... http://www.herefordunited.co.uk/news/ar ... 31080.aspx

It better not be, notwithstanding the fact that returning players do not have a particularly good record here he was almost universally reviled by both York and Hereford fans for his negativity and cluelessness.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I think they call it gallows humour!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Just seen this quote on TiU from an Exeter supporter:

We have it on pretty good authority down here that Tisdale isn't going anywhere at the moment. I for one hope I'm wrong though. Don't be fooled by his constant snipes about how low our budget is etc. It is a solid budget for a League 2 club and is by no means the least in the division. Our crowds have plummeted by over 2-3000 recently because of the turgid home performances. We haven't won at home for over 5 months and have generally been playing awful, boring football for nearly 3 years now.

Worried? I am.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

[quote="Hog"]Just seen this quote on TiU from an Exeter supporter:

We have it on pretty good authority down here that Tisdale isn't going anywhere at the moment. I for one hope I'm wrong though. Don't be fooled by his constant snipes about how low our budget is etc. It is a solid budget for a League 2 club and is by no means the least in the division. Our crowds have plummeted by over 2-3000 recently because of the turgid home performances. We haven't won at home for over 5 months and have generally been playing awful, boring football for nearly 3 years now.

This is what I cannot understand IF, indeed, Tisdale is 'The Chosen One'

If you were to replace the name Tisdale for Wilder then you more or less have the argument that Anti-Wilder folk were trotting out.

How, exactly, would that be progress?

Confused of Oxford!
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

I went to the Exeter game, and if that fouling, time-wasting, sluggish performance is indicative of his style, then Tisdale can stay well away IMNVHO.

If he was any good, he'd have got Exeter promoted. I can't see that he would be a measurable improvement over Wilder.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

But then if you look at his teams that would routinely humiliate us in the Conference, and the fact he took Exeter up twice, you'd say he did a pretty good job overall.

Like Wilder with us, he's got stale in Exeter, and like Wilder at Northampton, a new challenge might do him good.

Personally, I'd give him a chance. We could do a lot worse, and he seems to tick boxes.

PS. I've never quite forgiven him for looking so dapper during THAT play-off game. My Mrs said on the way home that night..."The Exeter manager was quite fit, though."
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

YF Dan wrote:But then if you look at his teams that would routinely humiliate us in the Conference, and the fact he took Exeter up twice, you'd say he did a pretty good job overall.

Like Wilder with us, he's got stale in Exeter, and like Wilder at Northampton, a new challenge might do him good.

Personally, I'd give him a chance. We could do a lot worse, and he seems to tick boxes.

PS. I've never quite forgiven him for looking so dapper during THAT play-off game. My Mrs said on the way home that night..."The Exeter manager was quite fit, though."
I'm going to keep this link Dan for when he's appointed and you're then calling for his head in a few weeks 8)
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Silly post, RR.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Of all the names mentioned I think Tisdale would be one of the better ones. However, as a way of comparison his record doesn't suggest he will be much of an improvement on what we already had. First is his record, second CW, than JB followed by SoD. I must say I do find it very odd that a team in 4th loses their manager to a team in last to (possibly) be replaced by a manager of the team in 22nd. My understanding is that Tisdale is on a rolling two year contract so would cost a LOT for Exeter to get rid so I do wonder whether much of this faffing about is trying to come to a financial agreement with him and Exeter. Meanwhile with the games coming thick and fast the chance for whoever it is to do much about this season diminshes rapidly.

G W D L Win %
402 148 109 145 36.82
640 285 156 199 44.53
41 12 11 18 29.27
664 236 192 236 35.54
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Looking at Ty's data, whilst not the improvement over CW that we might have hoped for, it does include two promotions and, subsequently, as well as some success a couple of difficult seasons in Division 3, (one only just avoiding relegation, the other being relegated); and given that Exeter are supporters' owned, I wonder how much that might have limited the funds he has had available.

Given the lack of information from the club, I cannot decide whether the re-emergence of reference to Tisdale is because of discussion over compensation, or as Hog put in his first posting, the rumour mill has simply reverted to two of the main names from a few weeks ago, given the ever-lengthening time it is taking to get this sorted.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

YF Dan wrote:Silly post, RR.
Yep but it's Friday and so I'm feeling frisky.