Middle-Aged Spread

Martin Allen

Post by recordmeister »

Steppers
Brat

Re: Martin Allen

Post by Steppers »

It is

I will be amazed if it is not Tisdale. What also amazes me is the negativity towards him already on the other side.

It just shows yet again whoever we get there will always be unhappy people!
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Looks pretty likely to be Tisdale. I'm not sure he'll necessarily be the most inspiring appointment in the long term, but I think in the short term he might galvanise the team and give us a chance of the playoffs.

I'd have preferred Beattie from the names being mentioned, simply because he seems to have succeeded in turning a mediocre bunch of young players into a good unit on limited funds - which seems like a decent fit for us. In contrast, my worry with Tisdale concerns his alleged reticence towards using and bringing through young players; that seems curiously at odds with our stated business model and with the stated priorities of our chairman. It'd be interesting to see whether Tisdale/Lenagan get asked any questions about that if/when there's a press conference to announce the appointment.

Nevertheless, if it gets confirmed he'll get a fair hearing from me - as would any prospective new manager (DiCanio aside).
Steppers
Brat

Post by Steppers »

I think the Exeter bad blood is the same as us with Wilder.

He probably is stale at Exeter and he has his fault as did wilder. The reality is that he is a league 2/1 manager and therefore there are pros and cons. Similar to how beano is a league 2 maybe 1? Striker if he was perfect he would not be at oxford and tisdale would have stepped up to championship level
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

Steppers wrote:It is

I will be amazed if it is not Tisdale. What also amazes me is the negativity towards him already on the other side.

It just shows yet again whoever we get there will always be unhappy people!
Tisdale certainly ticks lots of boxes.

(Steppers - trust you're well?).
Steppers
Brat

Post by Steppers »

I am. Who be u? Simon?
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Brahma Bull wrote:Tisdale certainly ticks lots of boxes.
But not the apparently all-important 'entertaining football' one