Oxford manager poll

Anything yellow and blue

Whom would you most like to see as Oxford United manager for the remainder of this season?

Mickey Lewis
14%
Chris Allen
7%
Sean O'Driscoll
14%
Martin Allen
4%
Paul Ince
4%
Dave Kitson
No votes
Paul Tisdale
36%
Dean Saunders
No votes
None of the above
21%

Total votes: 28

Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Oxford manager poll

Post by Jimski »

Quick poll to see which managers people favour from those mentioned in the odds...
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Oxford manager poll

Post by SmileyMan »

Needs an option for 'Anyone but Di Canio'
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

I've never threatened this before (even when Kemp was in charge) but if Di Canio takes over I will stop supporting Oxford United after 50 years of so doing.
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

Geoff wrote:I've never threatened this before (even when Kemp was in charge) but if Di Canio takes over I will stop supporting Oxford United after 50 years of so doing.
Seconded (apart from the 50 years thing)
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Some chairmen might be convinced by the likes of PDC and other 'big name/high profile (but ultimately sh#t)' candidates, however I think one thing we can be certain about our chairman is that he is not one of them....
.....we cannot guarantee that he will get the right candidate, I think we can rest fairly assured that he won't get a very wrong one!
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

JoeyBeauchamp wrote:
Geoff wrote:I've never threatened this before (even when Kemp was in charge) but if Di Canio takes over I will stop supporting Oxford United after 50 years of so doing.
Seconded (apart from the 50 years thing)
As an anti-fascist activist I would be organising a boycott of the club, or something similar. I'd like to think any chairman, not least IL, wouldn't be stupid enough to give him a job.
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

To be fair, PDC claims to be a fascist, but I think for him it's more about the clothes!
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

PAUL INCE?
Do you think I'm an idiot?
I'd rather hire my gardener for the job.

'Oop the Warriors!'
The Enforcer
Brat

Post by The Enforcer »

Would Mad Dog wish to apply to take the job on a permanent basis?
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

The Enforcer wrote:Would Mad Dog wish to apply to take the job on a permanent basis?
He's ruled himself out according to RadOx a few minutes ago.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Well if you want to see your side getting two shots on target and a dozen fouls every 90 minutes at home, then Tisdale's your man. As a 'come and get me', it wasn't exactly a stunner.

Mind you, spending minutes number 80-88 moaning at the 4th official, rather than replacing knackered players wasn't a great advert for Mad Dog either.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I'm surprised Snake hasn't been on complaining that the question and possible answers haven't been phrased properly!! ;-)
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

What would I like?

Thinking about the situation I would bring in an experienced manager
to win us promotion on a short term contract and then review matters in May/June.

Of course even that scenario is not without risks - as a new manager appointed in May/June
may not have been able to assess the playing squad in full and therefore would
be making difficult decisions recruitment wise.

Neil Warnock or someone like that would be my choice. Vastly experienced
and a great motivator. He has six promotions on his CV and is desperate for a seventh I think.
He's not doing much now - he presents for TalkSPORT one morning a week and says he
would like another crack at management.

It won't happen I know but he would be a name I would think about if I were Lenagan.

How big is this decision for Ian Lenagan ? It is MASSIVE. A decision that for me defines his chairmanship.

If he sticks with Mickey we will slip out of the play-offs in my view. Nice guy but
just not a No.1 for me.

No to Allen, Ince, Waddock, Boothroyd, Sturrock, Appleton, Rush, Windass, PDC,
Robbie Fowler, Peter Schmeichel, David James and Herman Hreidarsson, Yates,
Penney, Foyle, Scott, Jewell, Megson and Coyle.

I am ambivalent on O'Driscoll and Tisdale.
BigCrompy
Puberty

Post by BigCrompy »

OUFC4eva wrote:What would I like?

Thinking about the situation I would bring in an experienced manager
to win us promotion on a short term contract and then review matters in May/June.

Neil Warnock or someone like that would be my choice. Vastly experienced
and a great motivator. He has six promotions on his CV and is desperate for a seventh I think.
He's not doing much now - he presents for TalkSPORT one morning a week and says he
would like another crack at management.

It won't happen I know but he would be a name I would think about if I were Lenagan.

How big is this decision for Ian Lenagan ? It is MASSIVE. A decision that for me defines his chairmanship.

If he sticks with Mickey we will slip out of the play-offs in my view. Nice guy but
just not a No.1 for me.

No to Allen, Ince, Waddock, Boothroyd, Sturrock, Appleton, Rush, Windass, PDC,
Robbie Fowler, Peter Schmeichel, David James and Herman Hreidarsson, Yates,
Penney, Foyle, Scott, Jewell, Megson and Coyle.

I am ambivalent on O'Driscoll and Tisdale.
Top post that, IMHO. Agree with it almost entirely.

In particular, it is such a huge appointment, almost sink or swim for this club. I worry that approx 80% of potential candidates one reads about on any list, bookmaker's or otherwise, are utter Kemps or Rixes and will damn this (and next) season to oblivion. I hope Lenagan wouldn't touch Ince, Coyle, Luggy or Megson with a bargepole, those that have been proven to fail stodgily at most places they've managed, though I'd not be unhappy to at least consider Jewell and Appleton from that list. I'd like to consider Edinburgh if he could be tempted or O'Driscoll, but most of all…why NOT Warnock?
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

BigCrompy wrote:...but most of all…why NOT Warnock?
Er... because there's no way in the world he'd come to fourth-division Oxford United?