Welcome to the Minchery madhouse Mad Dog

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Welcome to the Minchery madhouse Mad Dog

Post by Snake »

All the best, and don't forget about bringing in Fordy to help.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re: Welcome to the Minchery madhouse Mad Dog

Post by Hog »

Shut up, shut up , la la la, not listening, not listening etc etc etc ...
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Put your fingers in your ears if you want, but this squad are at the very least going to make the play offs. Kassam, Atkins (from a distance) and Les Wells watch, as do I. No idea what IL does.

‘Till I die.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

IL and his offspring would become the true Mad Dogs of Oxford United if he changed the manager now as thousands of people are putting in tentative entries into their diaries for the play-offs, a trip to Wembley and that May 3rd date with Chris Wilder. It’s now automatic or the lottery of the play-offs.
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

Snake wrote:IL and his offspring would become the true Mad Dogs of Oxford United if he changed the manager now as thousands of people are putting in tentative entries into their diaries for the play-offs, a trip to Wembley and that May 3rd date with Chris Wilder. It’s now automatic or the lottery of the play-offs.
I don't agree. The most important thing is to get the right manager. Constable, Newey. Rigg, Smalley are out of contract at the end of the season and the new manager needs the time to make the right decisions. If ML is the best choice after the recruitment process then give him a contract. If he isn't the best person then he should nit het the job.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Snake wrote:Put your fingers in your ears if you want, but this squad are at the very least going to make the play offs. Kassam, Atkins (from a distance) and Les Wells watch, as do I. No idea what IL does.

‘Till I die.
Does Les Wells have a season ticket? It's the least he could do for us, thinking about it!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Sideshow Rob wrote:
Snake wrote:Put your fingers in your ears if you want, but this squad are at the very least going to make the play offs. Kassam, Atkins (from a distance) and Les Wells watch, as do I. No idea what IL does.

‘Till I die.
Does Les Wells have a season ticket? It's the least he could do for us, thinking about it!
I’ll ask his mate and ex-Minchery business partner Tim M., but I very much doubt it. Meanwhile then I think deciding on hooking out Lewis from Oxford should be left until success or failure is the result come May. There is plenty of time then to recruit a new Manager and there will be more of them out of work, along with many more players with no contracts. Keeping ML until then is a no brainier – preparing for a change is what WPL should be concentrating on right now if United fade in the later part of the season in Wilder-like fashion.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

MadDog - played 7, won 2, drawn 4, lost 1 = 10 points from 21
Wilder - played 7, won 4, drawn 1, lost 2 = 13 points from 21
Northampton have now won four on the trot, and would escape the drop if they can keep this up. The teams from 9th to 22nd are all within five points, and it's only five points for Northampton to catch them up.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

On the one hand Mad Dog has the better team. On the other he has had a shocking run of defensive injuries/suspensions has won his home games and only lost one away.

I think there has been enough games for IL to decide whether to stick with Mad Dog till the end of the season. Unless someone wants the job who is a very good long term option I think he probably deserves a shot at it till the end of the season,
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

On the one hand Mad Dog has the better team. On the other he has had a shocking run of defensive injuries/suspensions has won his home games and only lost one away.

I think there has been enough games for IL to decide whether to stick with Mad Dog till the end of the season. Unless someone wants the job who is a very good long term option I think he probably deserves a shot at it till the end of the season,
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

ty cobb wrote:On the one hand Mad Dog has the better team. On the other he has had a shocking run of defensive injuries/suspensions has won his home games and only lost one away.

I'm afraid to say that I'm very nervous of ML's ability to either secure an automatic spot, or win the playoffs. Too many errors creeping into our game at the moment - our league position is a bit flattering because none of our rivals are able to put together any consistency either. It only needs one or two of them to get into gear and the season will end with missing the automatic places and then losing in the playoff semis.

His record over the seven games is not the form that will see us in League One next year.
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

I think that we look weaker than under CW. We have started conceding late goals and giving away leads.

Against relatively poor opposition we have not got the results we really needed to get into the automatic places which had to b the objective.

I think it important for IL to make an appointment as soon as possible (he has been looking for more than a month now and must be close to finding the right person)
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Paul Cooper wrote:I think it important for IL to make an appointment as soon as possible (he has been looking for more than a month now and must be close to finding the right person)
Disagree, sorry. The key is to get the whole team right pre-match and do the half time-talks and Lewis is the right man for the job until the rest of the season imo, with or without Fordy. Even WPL can surely see that changing the management structure now would have a negative effect on the dressing room.

p.s. Tim Midgely is still alive
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Snake wrote:Even WPL can surely see that changing the management structure now would have a negative effect on the dressing room.
So you're hypothesis is that there's no possible incoming manager who would do better than 10 points from 7 games? Because by far the biggest negative effect on the dressing room would be if we drop out of contention for the automatic promotion places.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

slappy wrote:MadDog - played 7, won 2, drawn 4, lost 1 = 10 points from 21
Wilder - played 7, won 4, drawn 1, lost 2 = 13 points from 21
Northampton have now won four on the trot, and would escape the drop if they can keep this up. The teams from 9th to 22nd are all within five points, and it's only five points for Northampton to catch them up.
Wilder has done well but I'm not sure where you got those results from. Wilder's record reads played 6, won 3, drawn 1, lost 2. http://www.ntfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/fixtures-list/