New players

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

New players

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Just wanted to extricate the issue of potential new signings from the Wilder threads. I wonder what will happen with this now? IL says that he made money available for 'one or even two strikers' and that CW was in talks with a Championship club about bringing someone in last week.

So what happened? Were there just the usual stumbling blocks that you get with this kind of deal? Was CW so pissed off with IL that he refused to get deals done? Could it even be that CW *was* trying to sign players, but not for OUFC? :shock:

And more importantly, where do we go from here? There's less than a week left of the transfer window and we don't seem to have a manager. Is anyone else at the club trusted with doing transfer business I wonder?
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re: New players

Post by Radley Rambler »

When I first heard IL saying that he had said we could get 'a midfielder and 2 strikers', this was very encouraging and indeed in line with my suggestion that he back his rhetoric about driving us towards the Championship with some fresh faces - see much earlier thread.

However, others have now suggested that the midfielder is Wroe so just a replacement for Hall and that a second striker would only be sourced if Kitson is expected to be out for a while. I also wonder if the 'Championship Striker' is Gozie Ugwu of Reading who has been strongly linked with a move here on the other side - not exactly an experienced man at this level.....or any for that matter.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gozie_Ugwu

Not really answering your questions KY but my two penneth anyway.
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Post by Dartford Ox »

When we played Charlton (a Championship side)in our replay last week I wondered if Micheal Smith (recently at Wimbledon on loan) was with the party - even though he wasn't in the playing squad. I knew he was available and Charlton were looking to off load him. As it happens he signed for Slumdon a couple of days later and scored twice last Saturday.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Kernow Yellow wrote:Could it even be that CW *was* trying to sign players, but not for OUFC? :shock:
I was joking when I posted this, but I see that NTFC are strongly linked with Asa Hall. And that they managed to get a striker and a midfielder in soon after CW's arrival.