I think...

Anything yellow and blue
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

I think...

Post by recordmeister »

...The rest of the world has finally seen what we all know: what scum Slumdon fans really are. I hope they get a points deduction.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re: I think...

Post by joepoolman »

I hate Slumdon as much as the next OUFC fan but I think it's grossly unfair to judge a whole club's fanbase on the actions of one person. I'm sure most Slumdon supporters would condemn his actions.

And wouldn't a points deduction be setting a dangerous precedent? If a points deduction was given then hypothetically I could go in the Fleetwood end on Saturday and try to attack Ryan Clarke, and maybe get our rivals for promotion some points deducted. Points deductions are there for persistent mass disobedience from fans (amongst other things), not for one person's act of idiocy.
BigCrompy
Puberty

Post by BigCrompy »

joepoolman wrote:And wouldn't a points deduction be setting a dangerous precedent? If a points deduction was given then hypothetically I could go in the Fleetwood end on Saturday and try to attack Ryan Clarke, and maybe get our rivals for promotion some points deducted. Points deductions are there for persistent mass disobedience from fans (amongst other things), not for one person's act of idiocy.
I think the point is that you probably wouldn't be successful in attacking Ryan Clarke, because most clubs control for and prevent this risk from becoming reality.

I haven't seen footage, but it is terribly concerning that this moonraker got so far as to punch the Orient keeper thrice.

Don't get me wrong, I concur that a points deduction is unlikely to take place, but still I think the security officials at Swindling have been very remiss and deserve draconian (financial) penalties.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

recordmeister wrote:...The rest of the world has finally seen what we all know: what scum Slumdon fans really are. I hope they get a points deduction.
I think you think They are different to any another breed of football fan. From the footage I’ve watched it took at least 28 seconds for any stewards to react. And that was for a player being attacked! In the stands it can take a lot longer than that before the officials sort things out when a ruck starts. Instant reaction to standing up or straying on a yellow line or using a bottle top on your water bottle mind from the fat blokes in yellow or orange coats. Not that I dislike Leyton Orient or stewards of course but I hope the FA throw the book at all three parties..
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I know it was a long time ago now, but we were prevented from playing at the very highest club level because of the actions of fans from other clubs. I don't think, as much as their paunchy Stone Island-clad bellies would love to think, that the SMHS 'lads* have enough of a rep in Europe to have warranted a continent-wide ban on OUFC fans visiting, in the mid to late 1980s.

As far as it goes for STFC, it's always midly amusing / shocking when life imitates art, to the extent of one of their fans actually living out actions to prove themselves as knuckle-headed, stupid and quite possibly inbred, as our chanting suggest. It could only be bettered if he'd actually gone home, found a dead rat and genuinely throught it was a treat for his din-dins.

Throw the book at 'em, that's what I say.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Dead rat you say? Bugger! I always sang dead cat!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Hog wrote:Dead rat you say? Bugger! I always sang dead cat!
An oft-debated subject in my experience!

Likewise, and at risk of being fined 20% of my match fee by the ICC, if found with a red scarf round your neck will Oxford boys come and break your [expletive] legs or neck? I'm never sure.
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Post by Yankee Clipper »

Whilst we are on it...

I've always gone with I'm glad I am, I'm proud I am as opposed to Know I am I'm sure I am...

Also don't get me started on the aero dynamic inadequacies of a sparrows wings to lift a crows arse
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

"You Are My Sunshine"
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
------------
At line 4, some people sing "you never notice", others "you never know just", but I don't think anyone sings "you never know dear".
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

Yankee Clipper wrote:Whilst we are on it...

I've always gone with I'm glad I am, I'm proud I am as opposed to Know I am I'm sure I am...

Also don't get me started on the aero dynamic inadequacies of a sparrows wings to lift a crows arse
It's always been 'I know I am, I'm sure I am' for me.

I never quite learned the words to Beano's Oxford's Number 9 song and always get confused half way through.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

JoeyBeauchamp wrote:I never quite learned the words to Beano's Oxford's Number 9 song and always get confused half way through.
Di Canio said he was a red, Beano, Beano,
F*ck off you facist c*nt he said, Beano, Beano,
He'll never play for Slumdon town,
He scored two at the county ground,
James Con-sta-ble, Oxford's number nine,

Dada dada dada dada etc
BigCrompy
Puberty

Post by BigCrompy »

Yankee Clipper wrote:Whilst we are on it...

Absolutely one million percent behind you, here - how glad I am, how proud I am.

The alternative, implying that whilst one is reasonably sure about their choice of sports team, it's a matter of some debate...always struck me as one of the weirder football chants. What is it now? "I think I am, it might be that I am, I'm Oxford 'til I die"