Smoke canister

Anything yellow and blue
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Smoke canister

Post by Radley Rambler »

Having just watched the smoking canister footage from Villa Park on the news, I suspect the two who've been arrested will be serving some time soon. If one of our supporters can do time for merely holding an unactivated smoke bomb,then I suspect the penalty for arming the canister and throwing it onto the field of play will not be a small one.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Smoke canister

Post by Roo »

Cue outrage in 'The other Place' *..... only supporting their club and adding to the atmosphere etc....

* not Cambridge obviously...!
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Radley Rambler wrote:Having just watched the smoking canister footage from Villa Park on the news, I suspect the two who've been arrested will be serving some time soon. If one of our supporters can do time for merely holding an unactivated smoke bomb,then I suspect the penalty for arming the canister and throwing it onto the field of play will not be a small one.
Of course, fans could just not throw them onto the pitch or at the linespeople... We ought to disaggregate 'smoke bombs / flares' and 'smoke bombs / flares used by morons'.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Kairdiff Exile wrote: We ought to disaggregate 'smoke bombs / flares' and 'smoke bombs / flares used by morons'.
Exactly. I've no problem with smoke 'bombs' per se - they add a bit of colour and atmosphere to games. But I don't think anyone in their right mind would advocate throwing them onto the pitch during a game, less still when there are people (officials or otherwise) in the vicinity.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

The referee didn't have any problem with smoke bombs being on the pitch in May 1982.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

...but Roy Burton definitely did whilst defending the Town End goal.
colinharry
Sperm

Post by colinharry »

Great shot tho :lol:
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Presumably an Oxford fan will be speaking to the police following the smoke bomb at AFCW yesterday.