New Years Eve in Cardiff

Anything yellow and blue
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

New Years Eve in Cardiff

Post by Yankee Clipper »

Am thinking of heading over to Cardiff for New Years Eve with an obvious view to Newport away the following day. It would appear that hotel prices are very reasonable. Is anyone else considering something like this? Could be a top night.
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re: New Years Eve in Cardiff

Post by Yankee Clipper »

Well what started the day as a whim is now a done deal. Two rooms in The Park by Radisson for £128 seems very reasonable. OK Cardiff, Wales lets see what you have to offer....
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

I live in Cardiff and can assure you it's a good night out. Cardiff Bay is much classier than the city centre, but more pricey. Town will be very good but very busy on New Year's Eve, so be sure to book tickets in advance if you want a night out at anywhere reasonable.

If you're staying in Cardiff anyway, best to have your pre-match drinks in Cardiff rather than Newport as it's considerably nicer! The train is only 20 minutes from Cardiff to Newport, and then it's a 15 minute walks to the ground.

Enjoy!
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Post by Yankee Clipper »

Kairdiff Exile wrote:I live in Cardiff and can assure you it's a good night out. Cardiff Bay is much classier than the city centre, but more pricey. Town will be very good but very busy on New Year's Eve, so be sure to book tickets in advance if you want a night out at anywhere reasonable.

If you're staying in Cardiff anyway, best to have your pre-match drinks in Cardiff rather than Newport as it's considerably nicer! The train is only 20 minutes from Cardiff to Newport, and then it's a 15 minute walks to the ground.

Enjoy!
Cheers KE, I am looking forward to it...

I like the look of Cardiff Bay and was certainly planning to spend some time down there. Do you think that most pubs will be ticketed entry then or do you think as a City Centre there will be plenty just open as normal?
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

You'll find plenty of pubs open - but if you're planning to go to any of the more upmarket bars (or any of the clubs), I'd say you'd be best to book something in advance. However, if you're happy with 'normal' pubs then you should be fine. Plus, you don't have to walk far from the city centre to find a whole range of good boozers in suburbs like Canton or Cathays.

If you're planning to spend the evening in the Bay, you'd be well advised to plan a bit ahead - although it's much nicer, there are much fewer bars than in town, so you might find yourself a bit stuck if the ones you want to visit are ticket only!

It's been a good few years since I went out on N.Y.E. in Cardiff though, so things might be easier than I remember!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

There are two “f”s in Cardiff (unlike one effing Tardif) so well done on the grammatical stuff. Abertawe play them away on November 3rd and tickets for fellow sheep shagging people are at an all high time demand since the English Premier League was invented. It’s a proper derby game...

Don’t worry about getting a drink or food on NYE as there are plenty of outlets in the City.
tts back

Post by tts back »

ibis budget Cardiff .....£73 for 3 people....i stayed there on a stag once when it was called Etap was great value for a place to get ya head down and close to the action.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Yes, nice and close to the gay bars, wasn't it TT?
andy james womble
Brat

Post by andy james womble »

seem to remember pubs all around chip alley
tts back

Post by tts back »

Werthers Original wrote:Yes, nice and close to the gay bars, wasn't it TT?

Ahhhhh someone seems to know where the "action" is :wink: