Nerdy tecchy question

Anything yellow and blue
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Nerdy tecchy question

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

For those of you who browse this forum (and other fora) using a iPhone, what apps would you recommend for easy viewing? Am getting weary of browsing via Safari - it's especially hard work when posting.

I've tried a few apps, but not all of them seem able to display this particular board (which is the only one I really use!). Any suggestions appreciated.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Nerdy tecchy question

Post by admin »

It looks like there may be options for browsing forums that use the same software as we do (phpbb3) ... I can take a look at these in a week or two (other commitments pending) ...

if you hear nothing within a month please just add something to this topic to remind me, as I think it's something that a lot of folk would benefit from

/admin
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

I'm using Opera right now and it seems OK, if a little tiny. I don't really recall having many problems with Safari though.
andy james womble
Brat

Post by andy james womble »

using safari on my phone no problems
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I use Safari as well without problems.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I think the question is, "is there a mobile optimised app?" similar to proboards app, tapatalk etc.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

slappy wrote:I think the question is, "is there a mobile optimised app?" similar to proboards app, tapatalk etc.
Yes, that's what I'm basically asking. I did download ForumRunner and another app (can't remember the name), but neither allowed me to view this forum. Someone on here must use an app to browse the forum, surely?