Migration

Anything yellow and blue
admin
Site Admin

Migration

Post by admin »

Folks, just a short note to let you know about the move from the old server to the new ..

as it stands, only the forum has moved from the old site ... this was the first stage we planned and has gone more or less as expected.

There are a couple of glitches, such as;-
- Header not pointing back to the main site - this should be resolved when we complete the migration
- quote function not working on old posts - not sure why, and after some fiddling, editing and load cursing, it remains unfixed
- some posts on old topics appear to stretch across the entire page - again, not sure why, but posts on new topics are unaffected, so it will probably just stay that way

Going forward, the migration to the new site (which you can preview http://www.rageonline.dreamhosters.com here) will occur before June 1st 2013. It will be news only to start with since the stats section is going to undergo some changes. We hope to have all of this back by the start of the new season !

So, as a friend of mine used to say, it will all 'mellow in', but until such time, please do stick with us ...

YELLOWS !
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re: Migration

Post by Mooro »

A couple of posts I've edited just prior to the transfer of the forum seem not to have been saved. Not a problem for me, but just making other people aware should they have anything they want to check/re-edit.

Thanks for the work on the migration so far - looking good!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Mooro ... I took a cut a couple of days before the final migration and then tried to match up what I thought was missing once we switched over .. I think I can still get the older posts from the old site if need be ... if you can recall the topics, I'll go on a hunt
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

admin wrote:Hi Mooro ... I took a cut a couple of days before the final migration and then tried to match up what I thought was missing once we switched over .. I think I can still get the older posts from the old site if need be ... if you can recall the topics, I'll go on a hunt
Don't worry, I've redone the ones I've spotted, so you dont' need to do anything for me, just thought I'd raise it in case it affected anyone else...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Quick update ...

the main RO site has now switched over to the new host and is using the new format. Keep an eye on that landing page (http://www.rageonline.co.uk) to see what gets added over the next few weeks ...

any suggestions, over and above the noted issues above, please pin them to this thread

YELLOWS !
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Since the forum moved, despite clicking 'remember me each time I visit' when logging in, I in fact have to log in again every time I visit. This has happened on my PC, laptop and phone (all of which used to be happy for the forum to remember me previously).

Any ideas?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, I've made some changes to the way cookies are stored in the system.

You may well have to log in one more time, but hopefully it will resolve itself. Please keep us posted through this thread. Also, if anyone else experiences this kind of issue, please also post
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Also, make sure you use the http://www.rageonline.co.uk/phpbb3 address to access the site .. that old temporary 'dreamhosters' address may be setting cookies that are interfering with the other cookies ...
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

OK I've found you now!

Where are all the myriad of stats, historic teamsheets and all that stuff going to appear.....I saw an article the other day on the MUFC lineup for SAF's first game in charge and wanted to look up who was playing for us that day, but the site was down and now it is back I cannot see where to look
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

admin wrote:OK, I've made some changes to the way cookies are stored in the system.

You may well have to log in one more time, but hopefully it will resolve itself. Please keep us posted through this thread. Also, if anyone else experiences this kind of issue, please also post
Thanks. It seems to be sorted now.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Mooro wrote:Where are all the myriad of stats, historic teamsheets and all that stuff going to appear.....I saw an article the other day on the MUFC lineup for SAF's first game in charge and wanted to look up who was playing for us that day, but the site was down and now it is back I cannot see where to look
See the penultimate paragraph of the opening post of this thread.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

What - you mean the bit that says: "It will be news only to start with since the stats section is going to undergo some changes. We hope to have all of this back by the start of the new season" ?
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Post by Dartford Ox »

I may have put this on the wrong page.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4978
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

I think the logging in thing has stopped working again. I've just been knocked out of Firefox at work and Safari on the phone.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, we've been dusting off a few of the old features and adding them in over the past couple of weeks, such as;-

i) the entire stats section
ii) some fixtures to go in there, including the new season's list (FA Cup to come - not entered yet)
iii) The Rage Online logo at the top this forum will click back to the main site ... AT LAST !!!!

If you see owt that needs fixing, please add it in here ... keen to know how this works with mobile (a cursory glance on an iphone 3g this morning required a microscope and a steady hand to do anythign otehr than check the headlines)

Also, front page is meant to show the latest result .. is this what you want, or is there better info that go in there ? Maybe just the most current story ? We'd planend to take the latest game info out of the right hand navigation anyway, but maybe it needs to be there ? Any thoughts ?

also, has the auto-log-in thing started working for everyone ?

anwyays, onwards, and championshipwards

The Management