Brackley Town

Anything yellow and blue
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Brackley Town

Post by Joey's Toe »

Through to the BSP North play-off final, fair play. Nice to see the official retirement home for knackered OUFC ex-pros going so well. Anyone planning to go to the playoff final? Where/when is it?
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Re: Brackley Town

Post by Dartford Ox »

&quotJoey's Toe&quot wrote:Through to the BSP North play-off final, fair play. Nice to see the official retirement home for knackered OUFC ex-pros going so well. Anyone planning to go to the playoff final? Where/when is it?

It is scheduled for Sunday 12th May and is one off (i.e. not two-legged). Normal practice in the last few years is for it to be held at the home of the team placed highest in their league. Brackley in this case.

At least that is how it was explained to me when Dartford won the BSS play-off last year.

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/fix ... 4#Fixtures
Last edited by Dartford Ox on Sat May 04, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Post by Joey's Toe »

Ta. #RageOnlineIsMyGoogle

Surprised they don't hold it at a neutral venue. Mad that they could be in the Conference next year. On recent history, expect them to sign Batt, Duberry, Craddock etc during the close season...
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I'd have thought it would more likely be Parker, Richards and Worley!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Billy Turley and Jefferson Louis (whoÔÇÖs moved clubs 31 times, got to be a record surely?) back in the Conference perhaps...
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Any ticket news? I expect Chris Wilder will take an interest.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Who said Tom Winters wasn't at least Conference standard?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Mmm, not sure why Chris Wilder would be interested unless you're suggesting there is a player in Division 6 who could help us achieve promotion to Division 3 and keep us there? There may well be of course - do you have any in mind?

Is Tom Winters Conference standard now? He's taken a long time to get close.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Me and a few others are going (I live in Brackley).

Tickets are £12 and went on sale from Brackley today. Capacity down to 2,500 as Halifax requested the game be segregated. Therefore, Brackley have 1500 tickets (500 gone already in first couple of hours of sales this afternoon although I guess demand will slow down now that the 'hardcore' have purchased) and Halifax have 1000 after initially requesting 2000!
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

&quotHog&quot wrote: Is Tom Winters Conference standard now? He's taken a long time to get close.
May always have been, just hasn't played for a team at that level. Has always been one of their key people at Steps 4,3 and now 2, so why not Step 1 of non-league? I've said many times, it is very rare for a player to be brought back out of Step 4 to the higher eschelons of the ladder once having dropped down there, however good they are.

Not suggesting we should sign him now, but would always have been interesting to see how he would have fared here given time.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Re Tom Winters - I have seen Brackley a few times over the last 3 years or so and in every game TW has been the best player on the pitch.

I am surprised that no one from a higher level has picked him up but I guess scouts and managers probably know a bit more than me about player quality!!
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

I always thought that Tom Winters had a little of Joey about him (maybe not quite the same class) when at Oxford.

I seem to remember that he was a clever player- could beat his man and could deliver a good ball in.

It has surprised me that he has not played at a higher level as he has clearly done well at Brackley over the years. I guess that to 'make it' you need to really want it and to have just a little luck. Maybe Winters has been happy playing at Brackley and hasn't particularly wanted to move on?