How many players?

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

How many players?

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I'm trying to think of a good reason why the reserve side is only able to name 4 subs for today's game against Ipswich.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

McSporran missed the bus?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Sounds like we needed all four on the pitch as well as the starting XI...

great quote from Shaun North &quotNo point in flowering this up, we were annihilated&quot

GY - The whole reserve league is a far more relaxed affair I think, in that it is for trying things out, giving players match practice and giving the management chance to look at people etc, rather than all out for the result.

Therefore I think players are more likely to play for 90 mins or have pre-determined substitution plans rather than the manager tinkering on the day to get a result.

Not certain, but I think they often have fewer than 5 on the bench, just depending on who is around.

In any case, and I guess this may be your point, who else have we got, that isnt injured or that didnt play either on Saturday or this afternoon.?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotMooro&quot wrote:Sounds like we needed all four on the pitch as well as the starting XI...

great quote from Shaun North &quotNo point in flowering this up, we were annihilated&quot

GY - The whole reserve league is a far more relaxed affair I think, in that it is for trying things out, giving players match practice and giving the management chance to look at people etc, rather than all out for the result.

Therefore I think players are more likely to play for 90 mins or have pre-determined substitution plans rather than the manager tinkering on the day to get a result.

Not certain, but I think they often have fewer than 5 on the bench, just depending on who is around.

In any case, and I guess this may be your point, who else have we got, that isnt injured or that didnt play either on Saturday or this afternoon.?
Bloomin heck 9-0 with 4 first teamers in. Ouch. Shows the difference in level fairly dramatically.

Ta for the info on the reserves matchday set up Mooro. Yes the underlying point was about number of available players.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

old Easy Rider joke

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:I'm trying to think of a good reason why the reserve side is only able to name 4 subs for today's game against Ipswich.
Was the other one hard to spell?
entirely disenchanted
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re: old Easy Rider joke

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:I'm trying to think of a good reason why the reserve side is only able to name 4 subs for today's game against Ipswich.
Was the other one hard to spell?
???????