Oxford Cty

Anything yellow and blue
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Oxford Cty

Post by Myles Francis »

The booking link seems to have been personalised and also appeared on the OCFC forum. Maybe Snake was deemed persona non grata!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Latest update in the Oxford Mail

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/105473 ... ed/?ref=mr

They seem to have asked some probing questions.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

What position have you put yourself down for Snake?

I'm almost tempted to try out myself (I'd love to play on the 'impressive pitch') but, sadly, it's my wife's birthday that day.
andy james womble
Brat

Post by andy james womble »

slightly off tack has anybody heard what admission price we are going to be charged to watch the match against Oufc on Tuesday on the impressive pitch :?: :?:
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

andy james womble wrote:slightly off tack has anybody heard what admission price we are going to be charged to watch the match against Oufc on Tuesday on the impressive pitch :?: :?:
I shall be requesting a concessionary admission as is my wont.
andy james womble
Brat

admission prices are as follows adults £5.00 over 65 £3.00 under 16 Free ,not normal city rip off prices :shock:
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

andy james womble wrote:admission prices are as follows adults £5.00 over 65 £3.00 under 16 Free ,not normal city rip off prices :shock:
I thought the concession age was over 60, I have previously managed to get concession tickets for myself and my younger brother, neither of us are anywhere near 60 let alone 65.
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

More importantly, does anyone know what time the bar opens at Court Place Farm this evening ?
andy james womble
Brat

A-Ro wrote:
andy james womble wrote:admission prices are as follows adults £5.00 over 65 £3.00 under 16 Free ,not normal city rip off prices :shock:
I thought the concession age was over 60, I have previously managed to get concession tickets for myself and my younger brother, neither of us are anywhere near 60 let alone 65.
well last season I was told by some it was 60 and others it was 65 but I got the reduced rate must be the grey hair 8)
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

amershamwrighty wrote:More importantly, does anyone know what time the bar opens at Court Place Farm this evening ?
6pm, but you knew that already. :lol:
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

When the kick off was delayed because of crowd congestion I wasn't sure if it meant the queue at the bar...

Anyway, people who are older than me will probably remember a bigger stuffing from City but not in my generation.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Snake,

Were there any positives on the player front - seems like the defence struggled, but did anyone do any better further forward?
Anyone in the City side worth looking at?
Did you get served before kick-off and did you actually leave the bar in the second half, or could you not face it
Did you see any of the new regime -was the man himself there?

I'm looking forward to the match report on his new site!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Well I'm glad we made the 100+ mile 2 hour round trip for that pile of pants!

The American fellow wasn't there but apparently will be for the first two games of the season.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

The moment that doomed us was when Lynn got injured in the first half, he was playing ok, but the number 37 that came on for him, Ruffles according to the club's twitter, had a complete shocker, he was definitely at fault for 3 of the 1st half goals, and possibly 4, I didn't notice if it was him or the left sided centre half, Kenzer Lee I think, that made the mistake for the equaliser. The rest of the defence weren't great, Raynes looked as shakey as ever to me.

Crocombe didn't have much chance for most of the goals, but I still worry about him coming for crosses, he flapped at 1 or 2.

I thought Beano and Ty Marsh looked alright up front when they had service, which was only for spells in the 1st half. Going on the team selections in pre-season it does appear that Beano isn't first choice at the moment, which I think would be a gamble given Kitson hasn't been prolific since he left Reading, so I couldn't see that many goals coming from a Smalley-Kitson front line, certaintly not as many as I think you'd get from a Beano-Kitson partnership.

Main positive was probably O'Dowda, looked lively out on the left, and I think we've got to presume he's going to get chances this season given he's one of only 3 players in the squad that look comfortable out wide imo.