Oxford Cty

Anything yellow and blue
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Oxford Cty

Post by Roo »

Sorry if it's a bit 'off topic' but does anyone know who actually owns Oxford City FC? What is his businessbackground and financial situation? Also, does anyone know the current capacity at Court Place Farm? Nothing to get excited about, just idle curiosity!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re: Oxford Cty

Post by Hog »

I used to own them. Well, I had ONE share when they went Limited in about 1980 but I'm not sure what happened to that when it all went tits up with Free Newspapers and the college that owned The White House ground. I think it is a club again now isn't it, not owned by anyone?

Actually if anyone is interested here is a link to a FANTASTIC piece of work ...

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&ampsou ... 8341365086

Click on the tabs along the top to find loads of interesting stuff (although the Home button doesn't seem to go anywhere!)
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

http&#58//www&#46pitchero&#46com/clubs/ ... 88&#46html
new joint owner Thomas Guerriero announced. although a quick google turns up some interesting stories.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

I can't imagine what could possibly go wrong here. After all:
Thomas Anthony Guerriero is world renowned for being one of the most powerful and influential CEO's in the history of Wall Street.
Not sure how he manages that when his listed company has a capitalisation of less than 650k and he is dogged with allegations of pyramid selling.

One of his Linkedin profiles claims:
In 2011, Thomas Guerriero became one of the youngest people to be named and confirmed in Marquis' Who's Who in America.
But a search of their online database doesn't contain his name. How odd!

The whole raft of websites which appear with his name in the address plus the contents of his biography scream &quotshameless self-publicist&quot to me.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Oh dear Oxford City.
I wonder what his aim is? Presumably to claim some sort of association with the University, or to gain access to a list of marks?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:http&#58//www&#46pitchero&#46com/clubs/ ... 88&#46html
new joint owner Thomas Guerriero announced. although a quick google turns up some interesting stories.
Wow, that's one of the stranger articles I've read. Are OCFC sensing the Us current weaknesses and making an audacious bid to become the City's premier club? Or are they just being taken in by a fantasist? Maybe both.

No mention of why he is getting involved in Oxford City. Are their pies particularly good?
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

EXECUTIVE EDUCATION
Wealth Management Training Program ($1,995 One Year Comprehensive Course)
ONLY THE STRONG APPLY

NON REFUNDABLE POLICY DISCLOSURE: Do Not Enroll In The Training Program Unless You Are 100% Confident It Is For You. There is a nonrefundable cost associated with enrolling of $1,995. This is 100% NONREFUNDABLE for any and all reasons. It is nonrefundable whether you last one day, one month or beyond.This business is not for everyone and is a commission only position upon completion of the training program. We pride ourselves on educating individuals on succeeding in this profession. The education taught in the training program is both through practical training as well as emphasizing the academic tools needed to pass professional licensing exams.We are confident in our education model to teach and develop some of the best prepared individuals for the rigors of this profession to increase the probability for their future success in the most competitive business in the world.

---------------------------------------
How on earth has he passed the FA's fit and proper test?
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Well the FINRA report doesn't make pretty reading, neither do any of the articles which aren't written by the chap himself.

http://brokercheck.finra.org/Individual ... ey=3116678

I guess being associated with Oxford will go down well in the USA.

Oxford City seem to have looked at the Google searches though...............

Just wanted to say that the Board have been in discussions with Thomas Guerriero for quite a few months, and have had numerous conversation where any negative Google searches items have been discussed. Please remember that no one on the board would put the football club at risk in any way - be that financial or reputation.

They would not just do a deal with someone without knowing enough about them.

Let look at this as a positive move, and with Thomas' experience in business, hopefully we can work together to move City forward.

Read more: http://www.oxfordcityfc.proboards.com/t ... z2QjPCRE8n
Last edited by ty cobb on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Looking at the FINRA report, he's certainly hopped between various firms on a fairly rapid basis. Interesting that he made VP at First Union despite only being at the company for 13 months. That's some good progress!

What I can't find anywhere is how old this chap is. Would love to know when he managed to squeeze in his career as a &quotprofessional soccer player&quot and what his claimed world records are for. I'm going for &quotTrumpet Blowing (Own)&quot.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

Another interesting report...

http://www.businessinsider.com/thomas-g ... ngs-2010-5

I think they might be about to catch a massive cold....
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

I wouldn't be too impressed with the VP role unless you know how the company works.

For instance there are a awful lot of VP's who work at Barclays in the UK. It just seems to be a flashy position which actually means bugger all in terms of the importance of running the Bank.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Oxford City is a superb example of a community owned and run club. My step-son plays for the disability team and my wife has been a long serving non-paid volunteer on a weekly basis. They run more teams than Oxford United have players on a proper contract but this news worries me.

I really hope it works out, but then so did we when a guy with no socks took over Oxford United.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Reading that leaves me horrified! Where did he suddenly appear from? Have they done enough research?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:I wouldn't be too impressed with the VP role unless you know how the company works.

For instance there are a awful lot of VP's who work at Barclays in the UK. It just seems to be a flashy position which actually means bugger all in terms of the importance of running the Bank.
Agreed, when the Americans took over where I work my supervisor's boss became a VP and everybody underneath that level became an AVP, quite strange really but good fun at conferences etc.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

I'm worried!

I've been really pleased to see City move up a couple of levels in recent years and make a decent first attempt in the Conference North this season, and in what appears to have been a steady, manageable and I presume sustainable manner.
AND to be honest, having them at Step 2, rather than most of the other clubs at Steps 4&amp5, could potentially be a bonus for United by being able to provide a decent level to loan out our youngsters to (a la Marsh at Staines).

It would be a crying shame if that all went to pot by falling for the overtures of someone not quite the person they say they are.....much better they stay at their current level and perhaps make an attempt to go up another one in the next few years, rather than a couple of years on the charge, a promotion or two, then having to relaunch in the Hellenic when matey boy gets bored..