Oxford Cty

Anything yellow and blue
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re: Oxford Cty

Post by Hog »

&quotRoo&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote: and he also tried it on with Oxford United a while ago before City took the bait..

What was the situation with him trying it on with United? I must've missed this?
Although the quote makes it look as if I said that it was actually Snake who appears to have some knowledge about it. Snake?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

As a matter of interest Roo, was this whole situation what you were alluding to in your opening post? Or was it coincidence that you asked those questions just before this geezer showed up?
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

I'd love to say that I saw this coming and I was ahead of the game, but you wouldn't believe me anyway! It was an utter coincidence.

I know I'm supposed to say that I've got some information from a 'sauce' at the club! -)
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Before it got deleted, the Oxford City thread had these two gems to compare :-
A distance learning Master of Science in Banking and Financial Services Management, from Boston University
Boston

The CIT University BA, MBA, and Phd in Economics and Financial Markets Concentrations.
CIT

Both with exactly the same introductory paragraph: &quotThe global financial crisis of 2008 has exposed the vulnerability of the banking and financial sector, and continues to raise complex issues regarding lending and the management of assets. There is no better time to study first-hand the causes and effects of the failure of numerous major financial institutions. As we move forward, high-caliber finance managers will continue to be in demand as opportunities for improvement and better practices arise.&quot
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Also, CIT Catholic University is registered as a religious institution under Florida law so its course contents and titles should have a religious element. How a BA in Economics and Financial Markets signifies its religious content, I'm not sure.

There is also a claim that when WMX Group did a reverse take-over of SmartKids, they were removed from the Frankfurt stock exchange and now trumpet themselves as &quotWMXG:OTCBB&quot. OTCBB isn't a stock exchange at all, but purely a means of reporting share prices for stock which are not listed on any formal exchange (and, therefore, don't have to comply with the regulatory requirements of being listed thus). Checking the roll of companies who have delisted from the Frankfurt exchange, I could see neither SmartKids nor WMX there.

Basically, this guys story seems to have so many holes that it would come as no surprise to find that he made his money in tea bags!
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Mr Guerriero's company WMX Group have now officially changed their name to Oxford City Football Club and are using the club branding on their website. http://wmxgroup.com/

He has also registered the domain oxfordcityfc.com himself. It's interesting to note that he's also registered hendonfc.com.

Something about this whole episode stinks.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:Mr Guerriero's company WMX Group have now officially changed their name to Oxford City Football Club and are using the club branding on their website. http://wmxgroup.com/

He has also registered the domain oxfordcityfc.com himself. It's interesting to note that he's also registered hendonfc.com.

Something about this whole episode stinks.
Wiffier than a stadium adjacent to a sewerage plant.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

From the new WMX website:

Oxford City FC is the oldest and one of the most historic club’s in the world. The company is headquartered in the State of Florida, specializing in developing strategic plans to maximize their earning potential both for the club and its divisions collectively as a whole.

Um - is this strictly true, are OCFC the oldest club in the world? Are their Headquarters in Florida - last time I looked they were quite close to Marston - what exactly is going on?
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

I think Sheffield FC may have something to say about being the oldest club in the world!

What WMX have told the Securities and Exchange Commission is they are anticipating that they will take over the business side of running the football club, responsible for generating all revenue. I'm sure that any confusion between Oxford City FC Inc (from Florida) and Oxford City Football Club (from Marston) is purely unintentional.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

This feels like watching a car crash in slow motion. Surely someone at City must be trying to get them out of this?
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

The website has been changed since you chaps picked up on this. It is now &quotone of the oldest clubs in the county&quot. Still a few more discrepancies on that website. For example apparently they play their games at Oxford FC stadium, I thought it was Court Place Farm.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

I have two current theories about this possible conman.

1. He’s genuine and The Board (such as they are at CPF) are not letting on about the advantages of bringing him in or

2. He’s screwed them so badly they are putting their heads in the sand (backed up by the fact that the MD does not return my emails or voicemail messages left on his moby and has not talked to me for a week about it).

What is a bit of mystery is why The Oxford Mail don’t appear to give a toss about it.
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

The website also displays an absurd number of literacy errors and stylistics faux pas .... Hard to believe that a reputable company would allow itself to be associated with writing of that quality.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

Having looked at their proboards forum, it appears they don't have much time for their 'noisy' neighbours (and fair play to Snake for making effort to discuss it with the powers that be - moreso than some of their own fans). We should look after our own affairs, our debt and be embarrassed about Nicholas Merry the Bankrupt, apparently. :lol: