Hog
Grumpy old git

Re: Oxford Cty

Post by Hog »

Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Wonder how much each of them paid for their trial?
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Hog wrote:"20 hours a day, 6 days a week for 30 years"? He'd dead within two!
from the filing of Oxford City Football Club, Inc. (ie the old WMX Group)
"On December 1, 2012, we executed a consulting agreement (the “Agreement”) with GCE Wealth, Inc. (“GCE”), a company controlled by our CEO, Mr. Thomas Guerriero. Pursuant to the terms and conditions of the Agreement, among other things:
§ GCE will act as our consultant through December 2015; and
§ GCE will receive $950 per hour for services rendered; "

If the two French born triallists paid for their trials, was this channelled through OCFC Inc, and then GCE Wealth sticks in a consultancy bill at USD 950 per hour? What do Oxford City get after all of this, apart from two players?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

On the face of it this new addition seems to have good credentials ...

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/pr ... ID=3747368

Interesting disclaimer at the end of the article!
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

This is so strange.

When will it all go wrong (it most certainly will). In reality I wonder what the real strategy is? The City is big enough for what a League 1 club, City's ground I suspect would struggle to get planning permission to enable it to get to league standard and would be very costly. Crowds are what 200 to 300 per game.

I wonder what this exceptional man will be able to do?
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Paul Cooper wrote:This is so strange.

When will it all go wrong (it most certainly will). In reality I wonder what the real strategy is? The City is big enough for what a League 1 club, City's ground I suspect would struggle to get planning permission to enable it to get to league standard and would be very costly. Crowds are what 200 to 300 per game.

Perhaps sell a lot of year-long 'scholar packages' including accommodation to delusional Soccer Mums in the US?
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Paul Cooper wrote:This is so strange.

It's not going very well so far. 0 wins from 7 games. 2nd bottom in the league.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Some new news on page 11 (none of it good though!)

http://www.oxfordcityfc.proboards.com/t ... ux?page=11
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

"The company is strategically positioned to implement their vertical integration model incorporating all their divisions" ...... and there was naive me thinking that they were merely a local team of part timers struggling to win a game .
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

neilw wrote:"The company is strategically positioned to implement their vertical integration model incorporating all their divisions" ...... and there was naive me thinking that they were merely a local team of part timers struggling to win a game .
I've done an MBA (don't you know) and so business bollocks-speak has been installed in me. I still have no idea though what that statement means........

Part of me wants the circus down the hill to go badly wrong but not to affect City - not sure the two aspirations are mutually exclusive though.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Radley Rambler wrote:
neilw wrote:"The company is strategically positioned to implement their vertical integration model incorporating all their divisions" ...... and there was naive me thinking that they were merely a local team of part timers struggling to win a game .
I've done an MBA (don't you know) and so business bollocks-speak has been installed in me. I still have no idea though what that statement means........

Part of me wants the circus down the hill to go badly wrong but not to affect City - not sure the two aspirations are mutually exclusive though.
Vertical integration means several companies, each providing different but usually somehow related products/services, all under common control. So for example the merger of Currys and PC World, or in a slightly more diverse sense, the Virgin Group.

Horizontal integration is when the companies all provide the same type of products/service. For example, when Morrisons took over Safeway.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Congratulations, GY - that insight has earned you a BA in Business Management from Oxford City University! Please send your cheque for $10,000 dollars in the post, along with any football paraphernalia you may have knocking about which would help a Division 6 side... :-)
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Vertical integration refers to bringing together under single ownership, companies located at different points along a given supply chain. The inputs/outputs of each are thus outputs/inputs of other operations along the chain, but with VI the transactions are internalised within the firm. Quite how the other operations connect with City in this way is is a mystery - unless Radley Rambler was right with his observation about delusional Soccer Moms - maybe that OCU supply players to City? Or maybe t'other way around. What could Fordy be Professor of?
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

Definition of 'Vertical Integration'

When a company expands its business into areas that are at different points on the same production path, such as when a manufacturer owns its supplier and/or distributor. Vertical integration can help companies reduce costs and improve efficiency by decreasing transportation expenses and reducing turnaround time, among other advantages. However, sometimes it is more effective for a company to rely on the expertise and economies of scale of other vendors rather than be vertically integrated.

That's a lot clearer..... :shock:
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Congratulations, GY - that insight has earned you a BA in Business Management from Oxford City University! Please send your cheque for $10,000 dollars in the post, along with any football paraphernalia you may have knocking about which would help a Division 6 side... :-)
Thanks for the offer, but I'll decline on this occasion!