Barnet fayre

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Barnet fayre

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Apparently Edgar Davids celebrates his 40th birthday tomorrow by playing against Us tonight, and one sentence in the article caught my eye:

‘I won’t pretend he’s easy. He’s instilled a new discipline among the players, they’ve learned a lot about what to eat, how to recuperate from matches. But it’s working.' according to Barnet chairman Tony Kleanthous.

Why did this strike me? Because when I was in the chippy in Torquay before Saturday's game, a bloke came in in an OUFC club tie and placed an order 'for the team bus' to be picked up at 5.30pm - lots of fish and chips, pie and chips and sausage and chips. I snuck a look at his order sheet (back of an envelope) and noticed that CW and ML both went for sausage. I wonder whether our players have 'learned a lot about what to eat' from our coaching staff?

NB I'm not having a go at anyone here, it's just an observation. The chips were very nice, by the way.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Barnet fayre

Post by Roo »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:Apparently Edgar Davids celebrates his 40th birthday tomorrow by playing against Us tonight, and one sentence in the article caught my eye:

‘I won’t pretend he’s easy. He’s instilled a new discipline among the players, they’ve learned a lot about what to eat, how to recuperate from matches. But it’s working.' according to Barnet chairman Tony Kleanthous.

Why did this strike me? Because when I was in the chippy in Torquay before Saturday's game, a bloke came in in an OUFC club tie and placed an order 'for the team bus' to be picked up at 5.30pm - lots of fish and chips, pie and chips and sausage and chips. I snuck a look at his order sheet (back of an envelope) and noticed that CW and ML both went for sausage. I wonder whether our players have 'learned a lot about what to eat' from our coaching staff?.
Our supporters certainly have! -)

Are you coming to the game tonight? In fact, I'm not bothered if you are...but could you please ensure that you 'lucky charm' of a son is there.....and at every game until the end of the season! -)
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

&quotRoo&quot wrote:...but could you please ensure that you 'lucky charm' of a son is there.....and at every game until the end of the season! -)
Was that Kernow Junior on Late Kick Off then? - I'll have to watch it again!
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:Apparently Edgar Davids celebrates his 40th birthday tomorrow by playing against Us tonight, and one sentence in the article caught my eye:

Why did this strike me? Because when I was in the chippy in Torquay before Saturday's game, a bloke came in in an OUFC club tie and placed an order 'for the team bus' to be picked up at 5.30pm - lots of fish and chips, pie and chips and sausage and chips. I snuck a look at his order sheet (back of an envelope) and noticed that CW and ML both went for sausage. I wonder whether our players have 'learned a lot about what to eat' from our coaching staff?

NB I'm not having a go at anyone here, it's just an observation. The chips were very nice, by the way.
Nothing wrong with Fish and Chips or indeed Pizza post match. After unloading 3000 calories on the pitch and
a hard week's work training and playing - that type of &quotrecovery&quot food is perfectly OK.

If you went into a pro club's dressing room you'd be amazed at the stuff they consume pre and post match
i.e sweets such as Haribo's , jaffa cakes etc.

Me - I like a McDonalds post hangover such as a Double Sausage and Egg McMuffin :D