Movers and shakers tonight?

Anything yellow and blue
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Movers and shakers tonight?

Post by Mooro »

RadOX hinted earlier about a couple of possible moves tonight, but gave no names.
Rumours so far sugggest one of Wright (Charlton), Rigg (Leeds), Craddock (Cheltnum) or Potter (Slumdon) leaving....
Main focus on incomers is keeper spot with David James or Luke McCormick coming in (the latter being the ex-plymouth keeper jailed for death by dangerous driving a few years back, last seen at Truro).
Someone has even very kindly updated his Wikipedia page to announce he has signed a short term deal.....make of that what you will!
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Movers and shakers tonight?

Post by joepoolman »

Seems a bit late for a major player leaving the club, I think it would have to be a massive bid.
I don't reckon a keeper will come in until the loan window reopens next week
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

Luke McCormick is not welcome at the football club :evil:
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

http://www.trurocityfc.co.uk/index.php/ ... ck-departs seems there is something in it, I don't think you're in a position to slag him off too much if like me you welcomed Chappy back with open arms, I know they're not identical cases but they're pretty similar.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

I didn't welcome chapman back with open arms at all. Still feel uneasy about it. Cases are not completely similar anyway, since McCormick was over the drink drive limit. This will be a disgrace by the club if it happens
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

&quotSWA&quot wrote:I didn't welcome chapman back with open arms at all. Still feel uneasy about it. Cases are not completely similar anyway, since McCormick was over the drink drive limit. This will be a disgrace by the club if it happens
I don't see much difference between sending texts when you're driving and driving over the limit, they're both illegal and both increase the chance of you having a crash. By signing him we're not endorsing causing death by dangerous driving.
My comment wasn't aimed at you, I have no idea how keen you were on Chappy's return.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

In amongst a lot of hatred for McCormick a report that Justin Richards has been signed on a free.
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

Whatever the morality of it (I really would like as few convicted killers at our club as possible) it's not exactly a ringing endorsement of Crocombe. Or Brown.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

&quotJoeyBeauchamp&quot wrote:Whatever the morality of it (I really would like as few convicted killers at our club as possible) it's not exactly a ringing endorsement of Crocombe. Or Brown.
We need a keeper because of the likelyhood of Crocombe playing for NZ under 20s.
Marsh loaned to Staines for the rest of the season innit, rumour that a bid from Charlton for Wright has been turned down.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:
&quotSWA&quot wrote:I didn't welcome chapman back with open arms at all. Still feel uneasy about it. Cases are not completely similar anyway, since McCormick was over the drink drive limit. This will be a disgrace by the club if it happens
I don't see much difference between sending texts when you're driving and driving over the limit, they're both illegal and both increase the chance of you having a crash. By signing him we're not endorsing causing death by dangerous driving.
My comment wasn't aimed at you, I have no idea how keen you were on Chappy's return.
Here, here

I cannot see the difference between Chapman and this guy, other than perhaps the fact that chapman was here already.
If he is able to get close to the form that he was in before it all went wrong then I welcome his signing at a time when we need experience alongside our 19 year old protegee, given that our official #2 appears to have lost it...
That doesnt mean I condone anything he may have done in the past, only that as he has been duly punished in the eyes of the law, I believe he has the right to resume his career, and as such to do so at Oxford as anywhere else.

If he is ever found guilty of dangerous driving again however, then I would be happy to see him out of the club the next morning!
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

I'm no good at monetary values, but unless the offer was huge, I would see Wright leaving as a total disaster.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:
&quotJoeyBeauchamp&quot wrote:Whatever the morality of it (I really would like as few convicted killers at our club as possible) it's not exactly a ringing endorsement of Crocombe. Or Brown.
We need a keeper because of the likelyhood of Crocombe playing for NZ under 20s.
Marsh loaned to Staines for the rest of the season innit, rumour that a bid from Charlton for Wright has been turned down.
Oh and think a loan for Marsh to get experience ahead of next season is a good idea, and getting richards in is not a bad idea either. Not quite the grandstand signings we hoped for necessarily, but I'm happy. just hope that Marsh to Staines is the 'one out' that was talked about, rather than one of the others.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

The twitter feed which I got the Jake Wright bid from reported Marsh, McCormick and Richards pretty early has said that Wright bid was in the £300k region, club have &quotslapped&quot a £500k price tag on him, I like the sound of that. Same account says Rigg to Leeds rumours are fruitless.
Thanks for agreeing Mooro, nice to know I'm not on my own.
Quite puzzled as to why there's been nothing official from the club on any of the transfers tonight, BBC Ox reported deals around an hour ago, I wonder if a big statement has been prepared about the signing of McCormick.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Agree with the Champman comments. Didn't see people boycotting Wem-ber-lee because we were playing a convicted 'killer' who hadn't yet served his time and paid his dues. At least the two players we have, who have been found guilty, have done their time and (so far as I can see with Chappers anyway) are doing their best to re-integrate back in to society with the working skillset they have. Don't know the goalie or his personality, but I bet he's a reformed character. At least I bloody hope so.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Brilliant, Adrian Goldburg starts his 5live show by rattling through the PL headlines and then asks Oxford fans what they think of McCormick signing, this press will not do us any good imo.