Congratulations Bradford!

Anything yellow and blue
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re: Congratulations Bradford!

Post by Baboo »

Can't deny it was shit again today. Yes AGAIN. But for me a football club is for life. If I ever gave OUFC up I would never follow another club. I might go to the odd game as a neutral but that would be it.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

You must be very proud Snake.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Never in history has there been a one more sided major cup final
According to Sporting Life, Swansea are 1/6 to win, but 2/5 to win in 90 minutes. If memory serves me right, in 1986 QPR were 1/5, whilst Rodney Marsh said Oxford need not bother turning up. And we both played in the same Division...
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

&quotHog&quot wrote:You must be very proud Snake.
I am indeed, but too intoxicated and knackered to post anything sensible other than to say that the Bradford fans were magnificent right up to the end of the most one sided major cup final in recent history. What Bradford did in the past 10 years and what Swansea have done in that time (albeit going in opposite directions) is what the future may hold for Oxford United if the club gets itself sorted out.

And I'm going to Wembley again on March 24th to watch Wrexham and sat next to my brother in the FAT final.

It's been a good season for Welsh football, and it just keeps on getting better..

Hwyl.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

[quote=&quotSnake&quot]
I still feel bad about my ‘divorce’ from Oxford United during recent times but in the last decade the situation at Minchery Farm has simply stagnated with very few moments of the usual roller-coaster of joy or despair associated with most clubs, and that’s not down to the efforts of Oxford supporters. In my view the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of its owners, and as with marital divorce there comes a time when enough is enough especially as I see that although today’s attendance against York is still the highest in League II it was well down on last season’s average and I fear for season ticket sales during the summer.

And before anyone tells me that a club is “for life
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

It's well past the time when most Oxford United supporters had expectations and hope of this kind of experience - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22491339 - WPL need to sort things out.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Well I was there yesterday for the last 4th tier game of the season - close friend is a Bradford fan.

Northampton looked so ordinary - Oxford even with a few injuries would have given Bradford a better game. Their only threat was a long throw-in routine and then lumping ii forward to Akinfenwa when he came on as sub.

Bradford's strike force are a class above and that's the difference isn't it - just a couple of strikers with the right movement and who can put the ball in the net.

I am convinced, more than ever, that knowing what your best forward line is and letting it settle - even when playing 60|| games in a season - is the key to sucess at this level.

Yes congratulations Bradford!
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

In the battle of football versus HOOFball : football won!