Young at heart

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: Young at heart

Post by Kernow Yellow »

It seems that our inability to find a pitch to play the Barnsley game on has cost us home advantage. Barnsley seem understandably non-plussed by proceedings to date.

I know nothing of the circumstances of what's gone on, but it's not really showing OUFC in the best light, is it?
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

Drove 70 miles with Barnsley-supporting mate to game on Wednesday, so much dischuffed. I would think Thame Utd have a lot to answer for.

Isn't it the case that after wasted journeys, we are not going to ask Barnsley to travel again?
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Cheltenham Town talk about the Oxford United youth team here.

&quotThey have the two best forwards as a pairing in the league and use them to good advantage, getting the ball forward very quickly and immediately putting the back four and keeper under pressure.

Roberts and O'Dowda (the Oxford strikers) have an instinctive knack of knowing where the other is and is going to run, something pretty rare at youth level.

That's ten wins in a row for Oxford now – a fantastic feat at any level.&quot
Last edited by slappy on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Not certain but I think Roberts has another year before we have to make a decision on him. I think the three that we do have to make decisions on soon are O'Dowda (FW), Sam Long (CB) and David Lynn (LB). Not as up on these things as I was in the past, but I understand they are all in with a chance, particularly given the new development squad concept coming in.....
.....I'm not certain, but I think the idea is that the likes of Marsh, Crocombe (and Parker) will join any graduates as the core dev squad, playing against similar squads from other clubs on a regular but unstructured basis, with one or two senior pros as well. Sort of cross between the reserves and an U21 style setup I think.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere yet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22278754
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere yet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22278754
Fantastic achievement, one that few other clubs could ever get close to achieving..

BTW - For all the talk of Paul Lamberts over reliance on youth, Aston Villa recently WON the U21 equivalent of the Champions League ahead of all the great clubs of Europe. Shame that the media completely failed to register what an achievement it was, preferring to comment on Suarez picking his nose with the wrong hand or something!
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Report of Portsmouth academy vs Oxford United over the weekend. http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompe ... -1-5307665. 3-2 to Oxford.

If the first team can repeat that result in a few weeks, I'll be happy.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

PLYMOUTH:
STRIKER Nathan Stark scored both goals as Argyle's under-18s secured a 2-1 victory over Oxford United in the Football League Youth Alliance at Tavistock's Langsford Park, yesterday.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

United face Southend in the second round of the FA Youth Cup on Monday 25th November.

Southend United play Oxford United at Roots Hall in the Second Round of The FA Youth Cup on Monday 25th November. Kick-off is at 7.00pm and admission is £3 for adults and £1 for concessions. You can read more from Josh Banton in the 16-page matchday programme, available for just 50p.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

We offer terms to two Marlow town youngsters for next season, Charlie Camden and Nicholas Budden.