Have I Got Old News For You

Anything yellow and blue
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Have I Got Old News For You

Post by slappy »

Dennis Bergkamp's Top 15 Arsenal moments include at No7 his 100th goal for the club, against Oxford United on 4 January 2003.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Torquay recall their great escape in 2005/06, On April 15th, with five games to go, they were bottom of the table with six points to catch up. They appointed Ian Atkins in sole charge, won four straight games, and finished with a draw at Boston to stay up.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

A random Premier League blog recalls our 1-1 FA Cup draw against Chelsea in 1999. Complete with links to youtube highlights.

That was pretty much as bad as I've felt at the final whistle at a football match.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Yep, worst I've ever felt after a football match, that one. Took me quite a while to recover...!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I know these have been done to death but this is the first one I can remember involving OUFC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eXMks7 ... e=youtu.be

Apparently Portsmouth (currently 22nd) are away at Northampton (23rd) on Easter Monday!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Came across a link to this French blog celebrating Old School Panini stickers on YF.

The article (in French) gives the background to and a description of our Milk Cup victory. As well as the usual factual inaccuracies (Jim Smith had been our manager for 16 seasons, he took us from Div 4 to Div 1 etc), they've unearthed an article from France Football magazine at the time making the extraordinary claim that the QPR players were swigging Guinness during half-time - they claim the picture shows Jim smith looking unamused at what's going on.

It's pretty obvious to me that the picture is taken post-match. Some nice pics of our 1985-86 squad though - wish I'd kept my Panini album from the time!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Gary Watson and Hugh McGrogan RIP mentioned here ...

http://www.theleaguepaper.com/features/ ... d-1981-82/

And then I found this ...

http://www.cwherald.com/a/archive/cumbr ... 19023.html
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Big Kev Francis is a copper in Canada now according to my Stockport supporting mate.

Wiki appears to confirm this.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

If a load of our ex-players are detectives, can we hire them to find the location of our missing footballers?
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Hog, give us a clue who we are supposed to be looking for! Most are before my time so the names don't jump out.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

slappy wrote:
Hog, give us a clue who we are supposed to be looking for! Most are before my time so the names don't jump out.
Sorry Nipper!

The first link is for Keith Cassells and in the second one you need to scroll about 2/3 down for Neil Slatter.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Sad story of the witness statement from the mother of a Slumdon and Liverpool fan who died aged 24 at Hillsborough. He first started supporting Liverpool following a cup match against Oxford United, presumably the January 1972 3-0 FA Cup 3rd round defeat, when he would have been ten years old.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

slappy wrote:Sad story of the witness statement from the mother of a Slumdon and Liverpool fan who died aged 24 at Hillsborough. He first started supporting Liverpool following a cup match against Oxford United, presumably the January 1972 3-0 FA Cup 3rd round defeat, when he would have been ten years old.
That was my last game as a programme seller - I bet you all wanted to know that.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Fenced in at the football in May 1987
Leicester City