Where are they now?

Anything yellow and blue
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Where are they now?

Post by slappy »

Mitchell Cole, OUFC 2010/11, completes move to Basildon United

From Twitter, he says &quotA small favour blown slightly out of proportion! &quot,
where his profile says &quotFootball Agent at Skillequal ltd, retired professional footballer, ambassador for the CMA. Seeing the game from another angle nowadays!&quot
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Not ex-player related, but I didn't realise this away fixture in 1991 against Newcastle United was 'infamous' for the low crowd of 10,004.

Sept. 26 (Evening Chronicle - Newcastle-upon-Tyne) -- ONCE upon the Tyne you couldn't buy a ticket for a Manchester United v Newcastle United clash of any type for love nor money. Tonight Old Trafford chiefs will be more than happy to accommodate you as long you're prepared to splash out top whack to see an encounter between two weakened teams in round three of the Capital One Cup.
Yes, empty seats will be on the menu against a team that used to poke fun at Newcastle's attendances during what turned into the derby of the north a couple of decades ago.
Back then Man United fans pointed to the infamous St James' Park attendance of 10,004 against Oxford United in 1991 and then swelled crowds of the years that followed, accusing Geordies of being glory hunters!
Copyright (c) MGN Ltd.2012

Provided by ProQuest LLC. All Rights Reserved.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Rob Hall has made his first start (I think) for West Ham, but with little success.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

&quottheox&quot wrote:Alex Fisher in Belgium

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/oxfor ... n_Belgium/

(sorry, no idea how to do the snazzy links!)
You have to admire this guy for persisting with his dream, heading off to Spain and now Belgium, when most of his peers just settle for a kickabout in the Hellenic league on a weekend.
I really hope it works out for him....

BTW - when I saw the headline I thought this was a belated reference to young Norman Sylla, who last I heard was in the Belgian top flight after leading the scoring charts in the second tier....not sure where he is now though
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

'Mr Brackley', Tom Winters, OUFC 2004/06, scored against Daventry Town in the FA Cup at the weekend.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Former Oxford United ace, Richie Baker, OUFC Aug-Oct 2010, was hoping Barrow would score a third successive penalty before their game against Newport at the weekend.

They lost 3-0 at home.
Baker scored a hattrick for Barrow last Saturday 22 September against Ebbsfleet.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Steve MacLean, OUFC 2010/11, has dislocated his elbow at St Johnstone during their 3-1 win at Dundee.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Mark Wilson, OUFC Jan-May 2012, charged by the British Horseracing Authority with offering bribes to a jockey (to lose a race).
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Joel Ledgister, OUFC 2007/08, returns to the Beavers (Hampton and Richmond Borough), of the Isthmian League Premier division. (one step below Blue Square South)
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Lewis Haldane, OUFC 2008-09, has tweeted his retirement from football.
Since leaving OUFC, where he had been on loan from Bristol Rover, he joined Port Vale.
He was hospitisated for a fortnight in July 2010 following an insect bite in pre-season, where he lost three stone in weight. After a long recovery, he returned to playing, before suffering a double leg break in August 2011 against Tranmere. In August this year he underwent further operations to clear scar tissue, however it seems his surgeon has advised him he won't be back on the field.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:Rob Hall has made his first start (I think) for West Ham, but with little success.
A recent interview with the West Ham official site, including his time at OUFC.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Adam Murray, OUFC Jan 2008-July 2010, now player, captain, assistant manager at Mansfield Town, updates their official website blog about his and the club's season so far.
blog2 on a tough start to the season at Mansfield Town, and looking forward to his 400th league appearance tonight against Lincoln City.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Danny Rose, OUFC 2007-08, signs for Aldershot Town on loan for three months from Fleetwood.

OUFC play Aldershot at the Kassam stadium on 8th December.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Danny Rose, OUFC 2007-08, signs for Aldershot Town on loan for three months from Fleetwood.

OUFC play Aldershot at the Kassam stadium on 8th December.
I think that's a great signing for the Shots, I was dissapointed when he left, and it should be interesting to see him play again.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Just in case anyone missed it ...

http://www.brackleytownfc.com/

I wonder what the story is?