Where are they now?

Anything yellow and blue
slappy
Grumpy old git
Posts: 2670
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:52 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by slappy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:16 pm

Matty Taylor (the Bristol Rovers one) linked with Glasgow Rangers.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot ... es-9328918

slappy
Grumpy old git
Posts: 2670
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:52 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by slappy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:19 pm

slappy wrote:
slappy wrote:Dave Mackay retires at 35 as a player.
http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/mackay-a ... etirement/
appointed manager at Stirling Albion.
Interview here
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... -was-over/

Hog
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4518
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Hog » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:54 am

Richard Hill has quit as manager of Whitehawk to take a post on the coaching staff at Aston Villa.

Hog
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4518
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Hog » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:36 pm

captainox wrote:Luke Foster is at Ilkeston FC
That was a while back, this week he has signed for Coalville Town of the NPL Premier Division.

captainox
Toddler
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: York/Hull

Re: Where are they now?

Post by captainox » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:11 pm

Hog wrote:
captainox wrote:Luke Foster is at Ilkeston FC
That was a while back, this week he has signed for Coalville Town of the NPL Premier Division.
Yes, left Ilkeston this week by mutual consent. He had been helping to run their academy alongside playing.

Hog
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4518
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Hog » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:57 am

Dean Morgan has signed for Bishop's Stortford from Welling United.

Hog
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4518
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Hog » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:15 pm

Adam Murray has been appointed manager of Boston United in National North

http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/f ... -1-7725731

OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git
Posts: 2369
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:57 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by OUFC4eva » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:55 am

U's former Kiwi central defender Dr Ceri Evans 1989-1993
is working as a psychologist with Arsenal - good
piece by Jason Burt in today's telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... p-winners/

Hog
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4518
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Hog » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:11 pm


slappy
Grumpy old git
Posts: 2670
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:52 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by slappy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:22 am

I don't recognise the name, but Des Buckingham has popped up in New Zealand at Wellington Phoenix.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/a ... aching-duo

Hog
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4518
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Hog » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:54 am

slappy wrote:I don't recognise the name, but Des Buckingham has popped up in New Zealand at Wellington Phoenix.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/a ... aching-duo

You did a little research about him in June 2013 ... http://yellowsforum.co.uk/thread/14361/ ... ching-oufc

I think he's being creative with his cv - first team coach? And three minutes on the RO database reveals his lightbulb moment at Charlton was actually in the League (not FA) Cup where Callum O'Dowda made his debut in August 2013.

slappy
Grumpy old git
Posts: 2670
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:52 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by slappy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:38 pm

Hog wrote:
slappy wrote:I don't recognise the name, but Des Buckingham has popped up in New Zealand at Wellington Phoenix.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/a ... aching-duo

You did a little research about him in June 2013 ... http://yellowsforum.co.uk/thread/14361/ ... ching-oufc

I think he's being creative with his cv - first team coach? And three minutes on the RO database reveals his lightbulb moment at Charlton was actually in the League (not FA) Cup where Callum O'Dowda made his debut in August 2013.
Age must be catching up on me if I don't remember not recognising who he was three years ago either.

Hog
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4518
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Hog » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:25 pm

A friend of mine's partner was assistant manager or similar at Wellington Pheonix last year but I can't for the life of me remember his name and I don't want to ask her as I see the Head Coach got the heave-ho last week and it might be an awkward time if her other half lost his job too!

Hog
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4518
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Hog » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:39 pm

Former Palace loanee Sam Togwell moves from Barnet to Eastleigh

http://www.eastleighfc.com/2016/12/16/t ... eastleigh/

slappy
Grumpy old git
Posts: 2670
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:52 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by slappy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:50 am

Ryan Williams scores his first goal for Barnsley
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/ ... p-thriller

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests