Where are they now?

Anything yellow and blue
Hog
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4449
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Hog » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:17 pm

Snake wrote:http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk ... story.html

Sam Ricketts sent to Coventry.
What again? That's twice in two days!

SHUT UP WOMBLE SNAKE! :mrgreen:

Hog already posted that news

Snake
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4376
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Snake » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:27 am

Hog wrote:
Snake wrote:http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk ... story.html

Sam Ricketts sent to Coventry.
What again? That's twice in two days!

SHUT UP WOMBLE SNAKE! :mrgreen:

Hog already posted that news
When was that news posted on this thread Hog? If I’ve missed the Ricketts story then In my defence I am getting old ya know..

On the Mad Dog thing - it’s like the back pages of the papers that provide footie stories in the close season to fill the pages. I tend to ignore the speculation but come onto places like here to read about deals done, rather than possibly done. It saves a lot of time as often ITK stuff turns out to be little more than informed guesswork until the ink dries on the contract. I've no problem with the Other Place being the No 1 website in terms of information on #oufc rumours.

Roo
Mid-life Crisis
Posts: 729
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:16 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Roo » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:27 am

Snake wrote:
Hog wrote:
Snake wrote:http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk ... story.html

Sam Ricketts sent to Coventry.
What again? That's twice in two days!

SHUT UP WOMBLE SNAKE! :mrgreen:

Hog already posted that news
When was that news posted on this thread Hog? If I’ve missed the Ricketts story then In my defence I am getting old ya know..

On the Mad Dog thing - it’s like the back pages of the papers that provide footie stories in the close season to fill the pages. I tend to ignore the speculation but come onto places like here to read about deals done, rather than possibly done. It saves a lot of time as often ITK stuff turns out to be little more than informed guesswork until the ink dries on the contract. I've no problem with the Other Place being the No 1 website in terms of information on #oufc rumours.

To reiterate, I wasn't trying to spread or start a rumour, I specifically asked if anyone had heard anything concrete. However, I apologise if I've crossed the Rubicon on this esteemed meesage board.

Anymore on the Ronaldo story...?

Hog
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4449
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Hog » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:43 pm

Shane Killock has joined Hyde United in NPL.

http://www.hydefc.co.uk/news/next-three ... 54501.html
Last edited by Hog on Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4449
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Hog » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:58 pm

Jon Ashton has signed a one year contract at Crawley Town.

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/artic ... 33278.aspx
Last edited by Hog on Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snake
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4376
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Snake » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:26 pm

Any more on the Ronaldo story...?

Yeah, his partner has gone off the place. They arrived last Wednesday in the heatwave thinking what a fab and sunny place this is, but now she wants to go home early. Expect something on the Oxford City (Inc.) website from TAG along the lines of “initial discussions with a top La Liga player have temporarily halted”.

Kairdiff Exile
Dashing young thing
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:59 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Kairdiff Exile » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:37 pm

Roo wrote:There are rumours abounding on The Other Place that Mickey Lewis has been replaced, with Chrissy Allen stepping up to replace him and Andy Wing taking over the youth team.

There's also a rumour that Alistair Lane has departed too.
Now confirmed (apart from the Andy Whing bit). Sad to see Micky Lewis go, but possibly the right time to make the break. He has been part of the setup for a long time, much of it during a sustained period of under-achievement. But I'd like the club to give him a testimonial in recognition of the many many years of service he's given. Anyone know whether that might happen? I don't bother to read the Other Place, but presumably someone's asked the question.

Hog
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4449
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Hog » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:11 am

Lewis Hayden signs for Chasetown of Northern Premier League Div 1 South ...

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/chasetown ... 56146.html

Hog
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4449
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Hog » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:00 pm

Carlton Morris has joined Hamilton on loan from Norwich.

Hog
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4449
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Hog » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:07 pm

David Penney has left his coaching role at Southend at the end of his contract.

Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git
Posts: 2909
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 5:16 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Kernow Yellow » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:21 pm

Hog wrote:David Penney has left his coaching role at Southend at the end of his contract.
I wonder whether that's related to the fact that he's still facing charges of assaulting a police officer after their play-off victory?

OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git
Posts: 2369
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:57 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by OUFC4eva » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:16 am

Image
Jon-Paul Pittman models what can only be described as a kit shocker from Grimsby Town for 2015-16.

Mooro
Grumpy old git
Posts: 3010
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: Hellenic/Spartan border

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Mooro » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:47 pm

Hog wrote:Lewis Hayden signs for Chasetown of Northern Premier League Div 1 South ...

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/chasetown ... 56146.html
Confused about this one as this: http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/stri ... ars-40700/ seems to confirm the news (albeit from the same site), but this: http://www.oufc.co.uk/news/article/oxfo ... 44115.aspx? seems to suggest that he is still with us and is the plans for the season ahead.

Also his picture from the OWS http://www.oufc.co.uk/team/scholars/ does not match that in the original article Hog posted.

So either, we've got/had two Lewis Haydens OR it is another Lewis Hayden that has joined Chasetown and the pitchero reporter was just being lazy OR it is our Lewis Hayden that is going there on loan, but has had major plastic surgery between the two photos being taken.

Hog
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4449
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Hog » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:00 am

Matt Bevans played for Eastleigh last night in a PSF v Partick Thistle.

Hog
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4449
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Hog » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:27 pm

Tom Craddock on trial at Cambridge. Apparently he was 'on trial' at Pompey too but left them to try and get a contract at Cambridge ...

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Tom-Cra ... story.html

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests