Where are they now?

Anything yellow and blue
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Where are they now?

Post by slappy »

Good work on the ex-youth team players, Mooro. Eric Odhiambo was supposed to be on trial at Torquay. http&#58//www&#46bbc&#46co&#46uk/sport/ ... l/20514404
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

&quotA-Ro &quot wrote:One obvious omission is Garath McCleary who is currently with Reading. I know he never actually signed a contract with us but he was here for three months or so.
So what is the story on this one? I'm aware people reference him as having been here, but I dont remember it at all, so was he on trial or what? Also, what age was he - was it with the seniors or the scholars?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

I'm not really sure, he was only 19 but he had already played for City so it could well have been a trial for the seniors as opposed to the youth team. I could get my brother to ask him I suppose.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Dartford Ox
Puberty

Post by Dartford Ox »

I couldn't help but laugh at one paragraph in that article.

&quotWestley added: &quotTo do what they did goes against the grain, in terms of everything that football is about.&quot&quot.

Drinks break anyone?
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
Blimey. Nice use of the third person when referring to himself by Dean Holdsworth too.
Get Surrey provide some more reporting on the attack by Josh Payne. (OUFC Aug 2010-Jan 11)
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

You are UpTheManor and I claim my £5.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Sorry, I am not &quotUp the Manor&quot and don't understand the reference.
meantime
Alex Evans, the non-contract player who made one 89th minute substitute appearance against Southend last August, has joined Cinderford Town on loan, who play in the Evostik Southern League (one step below the Blue Square South).
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Fulham FC talk to Andy Melville about his time at the club, and what he has been up to since, in this interview.
and again in this interview previewing their game against Swansea, another of his previous clubs.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Another Memory Lane from Fulham, this time with Gary Barnett, OUFC 1982-1985.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Dean Morgan OUFC March/April 2012 has been 'snapped up' by Wycombe Wanderers until January.
Now given a contract to the end of the season. I expect TEAMMORGS will now pick up his wages happy that he is in work for another six months, and turn up during the games when he can be bothered.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Chris Zebroski, OUFC Mar-May 2007, tells the Gloucestershire Echo about finally finding a home at Cheltenham after playing for seven clubs in seven years following his release from the hill of pigs.
Cheltenham set to have showdown talks after Zebroski pulled out of the New Year's Day game at 10am, claiming he had been assaulted the previous evening.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:
&quotslappy&quot wrote:Chris Zebroski, OUFC Mar-May 2007, tells the Gloucestershire Echo about finally finding a home at Cheltenham after playing for seven clubs in seven years following his release from the hill of pigs.
Cheltenham set to have showdown talks after Zebroski pulled out of the New Year's Day game at 10am, claiming he had been assaulted the previous evening.
and he's gone
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Craig Davies moves up about 7 places in the Championship

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20958171

Darren Purse has also moved from Plymouth to Port Vale
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:Craig Davies moves up about 7 places in the Championship
I was at a fans forum in early 2006 when Brian Talbot was asked why he had just sold our best striker to Verona? His reply was something along the lines of 'I'm confident that when you look to see what Craig Davies is doing in a few years time, this decision will be fully justified'. Well, Brian, anything to say now?