Anything yellow and blue
ox11yellow
Embryo

Possible new signing

Post by ox11yellow »

Forster-Caskey mulling over duo
Seagulls youngster set for loan switch to League Two

Jake Forster-Caskey: To decide whether to join Burton or Oxford

....Sky Sports understands Brighton &amp Hove Albion youngster Jake Forster-Caskey is mulling over whether to join Oxford United or Burton Albion on loan next season.

The duo have agreed season-long loan deals with the Championship side, who are leaving it down to the 18-year-old where he will be playing next season.

The England Under-18 international is highly rated at the Amex Stadium and is now set to continue his footballing education with 12 months of first-team football in League Two.

Forster-Caskey made four Championship appearances last season scoring once, along with starting their FA Cup fourth round win over Newcastle United.

The teenager has already visited Burton where the club train at St George's Park in the FA's National Football Centre and he is now set to meet with Oxford.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re: Possible new signing

Post by Radley Rambler »

Based on the Brighton Fans Forum, he is something of a wunderkind and so could be a good signing if he chooses us.
BigCrompy
Puberty

Post by BigCrompy »

Well without knowing his circumstances - SURELY we're the better bet, geographically if nothing else?

Not that the proximity was sufficient for dear old Budgie Byrne, but still it's got to be two hours closer to his home.

No mention of his position though, and where he'd fit in our set-up.

Fingers crossed for a midfielder, I suppose?!
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

I'd be pretty confident we'll finish the league higher than Burton.

But, if I was a young lad wanting first team action, I'm not sure I'd be confident of getting much of a crack of the whip from Lord W.
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Post by Yankee Clipper »

He's a left sided attacking midfielder that gets into the box - By all accounts he is highly regarded at Brighton

It's now official. He's joined