Cymry Llundain

Anything yellow and blue
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Cymry Llundain

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:We can't have people dropping the C-bomb all over the place.
Seconded.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18719927
&quotOxford supporters should have no concerns over the standard of the surface,&quot Jones told BBC Radio Oxford. &quotThese stadiums nowadays are designed for week to week elite sport which they'll have with London Welsh and Oxford ,&quot he said. &quotThe supporters should have no concerns at all. It is Oxford United's pitch and they can do whatever they want with it: all I can do is reassure people that rugby does not damage football pitches. &quotYou can have a scrum from time to time but supporters should have no concerns over the standard of the surface.&quot
----------------------
I wish I had his confidence in the pitch. Looks like there are three home Amlin cup matches to fit in to the season as well.

I wonder if some of our fans might be tempted to give away games a miss and watch the rugby instead if the Welsh are at 'home'?
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:We can't have people dropping the C-bomb all over the place.
No, I agree, I still haven't forgiven C******a for that cup game.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18719927
It is Oxford United's pitch and they can do whatever they want with it
Since when? This rugby bloke doesn't seem to know what he's talking about.
If it were Oxford United's pitch, we probably wouldn't be letting a rugby team play on it!
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I'd like to think that if it was our pitch (ergo our stadium) we'd be doing EVERYTHING we possibly could to maximise the revenue earned from the whole operation that not only goes for the physical indoor facilities (conference centre etc) but also the pitch, too.

How much money will the Welsh bring in, equivalent to season ticket sales or replica shirt sales? If we owned the stadium, I'd be saying a big fat YES PLEASE to having the additional rev stream. Pro Rugby in Oxfordshire will be massive: the City is full of pompus posh boys with their collars turned up who shop in A&ampF / Holister who'd pay to come. And then there are all the 'normal' fans (if I can call anyone who takes pleasure out of watching teams go forward by passing a 'ball' backwards 'normal'?!) who will come in their droves as their son plays in the Magdalene Under 16's XI and these people tend to have money to spend on the rarest of things: booze DURING a game. In the heineken cup final this year, 'Twickers' ran out of heineken beer at half time. :roll:

What an amazing income stream for the stadium and I'm gobsmacked that Kassam hasn't done it sooner. It'll make the whole operation very profitable and thus even more expensive for us to eventually purchase as a going business concern.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Obviously it’s going to cost more time, effort and cash to maintain the pitch for Rugby and Football but it would be interesting to know just how much. I’ve put this link up earlier in the thread (http://www.liberty-stadium.com/news_view.php?id=711 ) and given that the Liberty is owned by the local council a Freedom of Information request to Swansea Council may prove productive.

I agree that London Welsh coach Lyn Jones (he coached the Ospreys who share the Liberty Stadium with Swansea City and claims the playing surface will not be an issue) appears to be talking out of his arse if he thinks Oxford United have much say regarding the pitch, but I’m prepared to give him the benefit of doubt as clearly he's never dealt with Firoka at a ‘grass roots’ level :roll:
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:
Seconded.
Can we please grow up? &quotMiss, he said the C-word&quot, this is a footbal forum, not dinner at Buckingham palace, or kids TV. TT wouldn't have got his emotions across properly if he'd said &quotevery day I curse that unpleasant man&quot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_osQvkeNRM
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Is TT the Edward Hyde to Godalming Yellow's Dr. Henry Jekyll?
No. At least not that I am aware of....
Last edited by GodalmingYellow on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:In an ideal world IL would buy the Stadium and Conference Centre for the agreed fixed price of £13m (like he keeps saying he will do) and maybe even bring his highly successful Warriors down from Wigan to play at Minchery Farm rather than renting up North at the DW Stadium. However, in the real world of Oxford United then our Rent Boy owner is legally stuffed because there is no incentive whatsoever to keep the pitch nice for football so Firoka will only be looking at a few extra bags of grass seed next season to compensate for the extra income derived from the Wugby.

No worries from me because if we keep hoofing it up long then the pitch quality won’t make any difference and who wants to be as ‘boring’ as Spain are?
I don't think £13m has been the agreed fixed price for a long time.

In an ideal world, FK would drop his asking price to a sensible level, allowing IL or better still the football club to buy the stadium without losing money hand over fist.
£13m is indeed still the 'legal' asking price, so if IL won't buy now Minchery Farm then he never will given the extra income from LW (which I think will be short term only). However, I'm confused about what you mean about the &quotfootball club&quot as IL owns it.
Are you not aware of the separate legal identities of a limited company and it's shareholders and/or directors? You surprise me.

Of course Kassam would never do anything like own the stadium and club at the same time but refuse to allow the club to own the stadium.

£13m is not the &quotlegal&quot asking price. It is the asking price.
Last edited by GodalmingYellow on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:I don't think £13m has been the agreed fixed price for a long time.
Can you add some substance to that statement as all I have in terms of evidence are the legal documents? I ask because as I stated earlier I'm way out of touch with OUFC issues recently.
Legal documents? What do you mean by legal documents? Do you mean a signed and dated executed contract? I very much doubt that, but would be delighted to receive a copy.

My understanding is that the stadium has been valued by the club on multiple occasions in recent years, and the valuations all came up some considerable distance short of the asking price.
Last edited by GodalmingYellow on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

&quotslappy&quot wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18719927
&quotOxford supporters should have no concerns over the standard of the surface,&quot Jones told BBC Radio Oxford. &quotThese stadiums nowadays are designed for week to week elite sport which they'll have with London Welsh and Oxford ,&quot he said. &quotThe supporters should have no concerns at all. It is Oxford United's pitch and they can do whatever they want with it: all I can do is reassure people that rugby does not damage football pitches. &quotYou can have a scrum from time to time but supporters should have no concerns over the standard of the surface.&quot
----------------------
I wish I had his confidence in the pitch. Looks like there are three home Amlin cup matches to fit in to the season as well.

I wonder if some of our fans might be tempted to give away games a miss and watch the rugby instead if the Welsh are at 'home'?
I share your lack of confidence, and only need refer our honourable friends to Edgeley Park.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Is TT the Edward Hyde to Godalming Yellow's Dr. Henry Jekyll?
No. At least not that I am aware of....

I saw what you did there.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

This site has a lot of potential seeing as Yellows forum mods seem to have all disappeared up their own arses,maybe it can be the REAL replacement for the old TIU???? nice to see ive ruffled a few feathers....thats what its all about innit???? 8) ....... i could have posted a lot lot worse about that piece of #### kasham but i would probably get arrested for it....anyway...................... i think the club should seriously start looking for a place to build a new stadium,to be honest i would be happy to have any new stadium built outside Oxford just to get rid of that parasite..... LW would be welcome to the apology for a ground.[/quote]

Arrested - I doubt it, sued for slander and libellous comments - maybe.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:
Seconded.
Can we please grow up? &quotMiss, he said the C-word&quot, this is a footbal forum, not dinner at Buckingham palace, or kids TV. TT wouldn't have got his emotions across properly if he'd said &quotevery day I curse that unpleasant man&quot
Sorry, but that is complete nonsense. Grown up people can make a valid argument and get their emotions across without resorting to language like that.
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Post by Dartford Ox »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:
&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote: Seconded.
Sorry, but that is complete nonsense. Grown up people can make a valid argument and get their emotions across without resorting to language like that.
Hear, hear.