Asa's on his way...

Anything yellow and blue
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Asa's on his way...

Post by joepoolman »

A little surprised and a little dissapointed, but to be honest out of Heslop, Leven, Whing, Chapman and him he's probably the one I'd rather lose. I think I can forgive him for a combination of 1. As a lower league player you don't get silly money or have long to earn the good money you get, 2. He scored against are Wiltshere friends.

Anyone know where he may be going? My first guess was Shrews, I guess Notts County and Walsall are contenders but I think County may be looking above that and not sure if Walsall can afford to offer significantly more than us... This is also assuming &quotcloser to home&quot means where he grew up, the midlands.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re: Asa's on his way...

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Apparently he lives near Dudley.

My first guess was Shrews as well as he has also been there on loan before.

Walsall is another possibility.

I can't see it being anyone else.

I'm not too disappointed. Asa isn't the greatest plaer. He does score a few goals and was worth keeping for sensible money, but he wasn't worth a big pay rise, so the club have done the right thing.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

I am in genuine shock that a team in League 1 want him. I think his goals masked another mediocre season in terms of ability. His performance against Port Vale merely backed up my opinion of him. I was disappointed that he was offered another contract as centre midfield is an area we have to improve on if we want to make the next step up into the play-offs.

Its now up to Wilder to bring in an improved replacement.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

I'm another who is not too disappointed. Other than his goals mostly average at best. We should be looking for better than Asa. I still feel that his performance at Vale was so bad that he must have been ill. But if he had decided to go perhaps it really was a case of not being arsed and not trying, although I really hope not. Surprised that a club higher up the ladder see fit to offer him more than we did. Whatever, good luck to them and Asa. Somehow I feel they'll need it.
bspittles
Brat

Post by bspittles »

Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Good luck to Asa in a higher division but his goals did mask his otherwise poor performances.