Oxford City FC

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Oxford City FC

Post by Snake »

They are in the play-offs now to try to get into Conference South after tonight's result.

A real 'mare for the administrators of the club as if they do there are all sorts of FA regulations to comply with.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

And then you have to deal with the people who run the Conference... who would want that pain?!
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

BRackley have already gone up as Champions, complete with former favourite Billy Turley between the sticks.

Personally I think it would be fantastic for City to move up another level, not least because we could use them to give our kids a better standard of experience when we farm them out on long term loans.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:BRackley have already gone up as Champions, complete with former favourite Billy Turley between the sticks.

Personally I think it would be fantastic for City to move up another level, not least because we could use them to give our kids a better standard of experience when we farm them out on long term loans.
Brackley have had a whole host of former favourites over the last couple of years although this year has been the best. Jefferson Louis for half the season (went to Lincoln) replaced by Marvin Robinson!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:BRackley have already gone up as Champions, complete with former favourite Billy Turley between the sticks.

We already do that: Woodley was a SUB for City last night!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

In a similar vein my local team, Basingstoke Town, only need a point from their final game at Welling to secure a play-off position for promotion to Conference National.

God knows how they've done it because, frankly, they're poor and have a home crowd of 400 if they're lucky. They're Hoglette's second team now but I wouldn't bother to watch them except they let in season ticket holders for clubs in the great 92 for a fiver off (and U'16 ST holders for free!)
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Aren't Godalming Town and Guildford City also at the top or in the play-offs of their leagues?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotHog&quot wrote:

We already do that: Woodley was a SUB for City last night!
I know, but it would raise the standard of the opposition our best kids face if we've got a club in the COnference South to place them at for a year, rather than all of them going out to Southern League sides....
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotHog&quot wrote:In a similar vein my local team, Basingstoke Town, only need a point from their final game at Welling to secure a play-off position for promotion to Conference National.

God knows how they've done it because, frankly, they're poor and have a home crowd of 400 if they're lucky. They're Hoglette's second team now but I wouldn't bother to watch them except they let in season ticket holders for clubs in the great 92 for a fiver off (and U'16 ST holders for free!)
Other end of the table, but my local team, Holmer Green, have put together a sterling effort and pulled out of the bottom two of the Spartan South Midlands Premier (same level as Hellenic Premier) - hurrah!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

If Oxford City do go up then when we go and visit them for our pre-season friendly they should have the following facilities in place listed in the url below. These includes a minimum capacity of three thousand and the potential for four thousand, a decent pitch (work to do there I think!), and at least 6 turnstiles (the last time I counted there was just the one but things have changed since the deal with the Netball people and there are loads of new facilities at Court Place Farm since our last visit).

Anyway, good luck to them...

http://www.thefa.com/Leagues/NationalLe ... 202011.pdf
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote:In a similar vein my local team, Basingstoke Town, only need a point from their final game at Welling to secure a play-off position for promotion to Conference National.

Other end of the table, but my local team, Holmer Green, have put together a sterling effort and pulled out of the bottom two of the Spartan South Midlands Premier (same level as Hellenic Premier) - hurrah!
Folkestone Invicta (one of the best team names in football) won 4-1 away at the weekend to secure a playoff spot for the Ryman League One Southern. 14 goals in the last three games is cracking form for the knockout, so perhaps the heady heights of the Ryman Premier beckon. The club's quite well run nowadays, but the old problems of the council owning the ground still threaten.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Winchester City (stones throw from where I play on a Friday night) are already promoted as champions of the Wessex Premier League taking them into the Southern League.

It can't be catching can it?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Could be! Oxford fan Mark Bumford is a Director at Poole Town and they're safely in the play-offs at the top of the Evo-Stick Southern League South || West.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

1.4 Boundary of Ground
The ground must be enclosed by a permanent boundary, which will prevent individuals from viewing
the game from outside the ground. The boundary must be of sound construction, such as pre cast
concrete, brick, breeze block or metal cladding with steel or concrete posts and be of a minimum
height of 1.83 metres as measured from outside the ground.
Lapped timber, latch panel wood fences and wire mesh fences with wooden posts may be acceptable.
Hedges, shrubs and/or trees will not normally be accepted
Where any side of the ground is bounded by private land/property, the fixed boundary of that private
land / property may be acceptable as the boundary of the ground.

So our fence may or may not be acceptable for the Conference South. Good job we're staying up!
Mr T
Brat

Post by Mr T »

Up North the tales and woes of Northwich Victoria continue to amaze.
Having been managed by 2 ex-Oxford legends in recent months since they were locked out of their ground (Paul Simpson, then Martin Foyle) they finished runners up to Chester FC, only to be demoted a division instead of entering the play-offs! What next?
Bring back the black away shirt!