Oxford City FC

Anything yellow and blue
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Dartford Ox »

&quotHog&quot wrote:In a similar vein my local team, Basingstoke Town, only need a point from their final game at Welling to secure a play-off position for promotion to Conference National.

God knows how they've done it because, frankly, they're poor and have a home crowd of 400 if they're lucky. They're Hoglette's second team now but I wouldn't bother to watch them except they let in season ticket holders for clubs in the great 92 for a fiver off (and U'16 ST holders for free!)
Dartford and Welling grounds are only 5 miles apart - and I live half way between - so I have a good chance of seeing City next season.

Meanwhile, I feel pretty confident it will be Dartford or Welling that go up to the conference national with Woking.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm

Meanwhile - back to the serious business - C'mon Torquay (and Bradford)
bspittles
Brat

Post by bspittles »

My other team, Leek Town, came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 and eventually win on penalties in their play-off semi-final on Wednesday, and now play Ilkeston away in the final tomorrow (matches are all one-off, played at the ground of the team finishing higher in the league).

As for ground grading, I believe that clubs are allowed one season's grace to meet the required grading.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:If Oxford City do go up then when we go and visit them for our pre-season friendly...
We don't do that any more do we? I think we pissed them off over something and in what sounds to be a classic &quotcut off your nose to spite your face&quot they refused to host any more PSFs.

Somebody will doubtless be along shortly with a more complete summary of events.
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Re:

Post by amershamwrighty »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:If Oxford City do go up then when we go and visit them for our pre-season friendly...
We don't do that any more do we? I think we pissed them off over something and in what sounds to be a classic &quotcut off your nose to spite your face&quot they refused to host any more PSFs.

Somebody will doubtless be along shortly with a more complete summary of events.
All you need is a smarta*se :

http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/News/0,,1034 ... 67,00.html
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:

All you need is a smarta*se :

http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/News/0,,1034 ... 67,00.html
Ah - just one season then.

Turns out it wasn't anything sinister anyway.

Last two postings on this page.

http&#58//www&#46rageonline&#46co&#46uk ... mpstart=60
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

Anyone know the dates/venues for City's playoff matches ?

Going to cheer City on could be part of my 'Coping Strategy'.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:Anyone know the dates/venues for City's playoff matches ?

Going to cheer City on could be part of my 'Coping Strategy'.
Not clear when, url below is the best I can find. Also, if they win it's not 100% certain they will go into BS South as it could be BS North.

http://www.oxfordcityfc.proboards.com/i ... thread=868
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Geoff »

&quotMooro&quot wrote: Other end of the table, but my local team, Holmer Green, have put together a sterling effort and pulled out of the bottom two of the Spartan South Midlands Premier (same level as Hellenic Premier) - hurrah!
It's a small world Mooro. I'm just down the road from you in Widmer End.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Oxford City FC

Post by ty cobb »

Well they did it and are now only two leagues below us, who knows in a seasons time we may be playing a league match against each other.................

From the match report

Totton, with their player of the season midfielder Carl Pettefer pulling the strings in midfield
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Aren't Godalming Town and Guildford City also at the top or in the play-offs of their leagues?
Yes. Godalming Town lost in the play offs for reaching Ryman Premier for the 2nd season in a row.

Guildford City won the Combined Counties Division 1 title by a margin and will now join Godalming Town in Ryman South.

Both would be prime candidates for pre-season friendlies, if only Kelvin would look towards the South East a bit more!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

It's Conference North for City - official.

That's really going to mean a lot of organising and expense.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

That's really disappointing for me and Hoglette as we were hoping to take in a few of their away games down south. Do they have to take the promotion?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

GUess they don't HAVE to, but that would probably not go down well in NL circles.
ANyway, seems they are more than happy to do so, even if it means trips to border country, and good luck to them.
I think it is great that we now have other local clubs a little bit higher up the ladder (Brackley have gone up into CN as well), if only to have a higher standard into which to loan our youngsters, which may actually give better insight into their suitability for being kept on longer term...
Mr T
Brat

Post by Mr T »

Being an Oxford Exile in Cheshire I'm looking forward to seeing Oxford City, especially at Chester. Curious to see how many ex-Yellows will be in their squad next season.
Bring back the black away shirt!
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Interestingly, James Clarke has gone for a trial at Yeovil in League 1....