Mid-life Crisis

The question

Post by DLT »

So did anyone ask it directly?

Who is WPL?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Funnily enough, the question was never raised.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

now why does that surprise me?

Should have got off my sick bed and asked it myself I guess.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotDLT&quot wrote:now why does that surprise me?

Should have got off my sick bed and asked it myself I guess.
I don't think you should read much into this Dave. The questions were coming thick and fast and and attendees were more interested in raising other topics.

Complete dead bat on stadco purchase due to commercial confidentiality issues however.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

“Complete dead bat on StadCo purchase due to commercial confidentiality issues however.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

[quote=&quotSnake&quot]“Complete dead bat on StadCo purchase due to commercial confidentiality issues however.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

St Giles’ Fair? I only skirted around it today on my way to somewhere else. It’s always the same, btw.

/

It seems to me that Firoz Kassam’s Stadium is increasingly becoming the proverbial elephant in the room. You know, the big issue that people like yourself and your OV mates want to ignore in terms of the medium/long term progress of the club, while you and the local press concentrate on the fact that after half a dozen games we’re top of Division Five.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotResurrection Ox&quot wrote:
&quotDLT&quot wrote: Complete dead bat on stadco purchase due to commercial confidentiality issues however.
Perhaps someone as skilled at Panesar / Warne should have been asking the questions.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

St Giles Fair

Post by Swissbloke »

DOH, I've missed St Giles fair. How upsetting.

Will be back in time to sort out a season ticket before the 12th deadline...where does everyone sit these days?
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

&quotSnake&quot wrote:St Giles’ Fair? I only skirted around it today on my way to somewhere else. It’s always the same, btw.

/

It seems to me that Firoz Kassam’s Stadium is increasingly becoming the proverbial elephant in the room. You know, the big issue that people like yourself and your OV mates want to ignore in terms of the medium/long term progress of the club, while you and the local press concentrate on the fact that after half a dozen games we’re top of Division Five.

It seems to me that you're talking garbage.

If you're so concerned get involved with asking the questions.

I'd hate to have to bracket you with the likes of John Hedges otherwise.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

lovely cut shot Tim.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

I do feel that folks are missing the point.

Whilst the club has lease on the ground, at a rental it can afford, then its tenancy is reasonably secure.

As I have said, and wish I could have bowled a goofly to Kelvin. The fact that the exact ownership of the club is a mystery and something theboard are not prepared to elaborate on is a worry to me.

Can't be bothered to search out the request but I think I am on record asking that OXVOX asks about this issue at every opportunity and it appears that the committee have failed to so.
SteMerritt
Puberty

Re: St Giles Fair

Post by SteMerritt »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote: DOH, I've missed St Giles fair. How upsetting.
Don't worry, you can catch it in Thame on the 21st-23rd...
Last edited by SteMerritt on Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

It's ironic that those doing the most worrying and questioning, with regards to the current owners, are those who did this the least about the previous regime. It so makes me smile :D
Zeke
Dashing young thing

Post by Zeke »

I thought it was pretty clear who owned the team and the stadium in the previous regime, didn't you?