So there I was............

Anything yellow and blue
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

So there I was............

Post by Geoff »

.................hacking my way round the Wycombe Heights Par 3 Golf Course, hoping to improve my form before a game on Saturday, when I catch up with a four ball who wave me through. As I'm putting out one of the four ball says 'Ah, the mighty Yellows', noticing my Oxford United cap. He proceeded to tell me he'd supported the club since watching a game against Bath City in 1960. He then introduced himself as Andy Howland!
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Last week, a chap in a gym in Windsor that I was in noticed my OUFC training top and proceeded to show me his OUFC Badge tattoo, we then had a good old laugh about the recent Slumdon game!
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Post by The OXman Cometh »

A few years ago I was winding my way around the Annapurna circuit in Nepal when I stopped at a little village above the snowline for food. While waiting for said food to arrive a fellow trekker spotted my Oxford United woolly hat and cried out 'United' and produced a replica OUFC shirt.
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Post by The OXman Cometh »

A few years ago I was winding my way around the Annapurna circuit in Nepal when I stopped at a little village above the snowline for food. While waiting for said food to arrive a fellow trekker spotted my Oxford United woolly hat and cried out 'United' and produced a replica OUFC shirt.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

A few years ago I was walking along the seafront at Weymouth wearing my OUFC cap and saw a bloke walking the other way in a pair of OUFC shorts. We didn't acknowledge each other.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

A few years ago I was driving around France and pulled into the car park in a small town (no idea now what it was called). As I was walking away from our car I noticed the car I had parked next to had an Oxford United sticker in the back.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I always* leave an OUFC sticker in the back window of every car I hire abroad.

* but won't be able to do so this year as OUFC don't appear to sell car stickers any more