Tubbs leaves Crawley

Anything yellow and blue
bspittles
Brat

Tubbs leaves Crawley

Post by bspittles »

He's gone to Bournemouth, which means they should stop asking about Beano (although Crawley might intensify their efforts), and may mean Crawley suffer a dip in form. Finger's crossed.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

According to gobby Evans, Crawley turned down several bids in excess of £500k for Tubbs, so he is highly likely to have gone for materially more than that.

I imagine Crawley needed to offload him for wage cap purposes.
The Boys from Up the Hill
Brat

Post by The Boys from Up the Hill »

Unfortunately we've already played them twice when they were full-strength!
OUFC_Gav
Toddler

Re:

Post by OUFC_Gav »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:According to gobby Evans, Crawley turned down several bids in excess of £500k for Tubbs, so he is highly likely to have gone for materially more than that.

The figure that is being talked about is £800,000. Might make a dent in their losses this year.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by joepoolman »

&quotOUFC_Gav&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:According to gobby Evans, Crawley turned down several bids in excess of £500k for Tubbs, so he is highly likely to have gone for materially more than that.

The figure that is being talked about is £800,000. Might make a dent in their losses this year.
This is why the only thing that dissapointed me about the Beano saga was the amount that we accepted. Is Tubbs really worth more than three times as much?! I know I'm biased but I'd rate them pretty closely.
Last edited by joepoolman on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

The BBC have quoted that figure. Where did Bournemouth get all that from?!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:

This is why the only thing that dissapointed me about the Beano saga was the amount that we accepted. Is Tubbs really worth more than three times as much?! I know I'm biased but I'd rate them pretty closely.
Agreed.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

It's rumoured that Crawley are in for Frank Nouble as a replacement for Tubbs. West Ham's Nouble was on loan at Gillingham this season and is a similar age to Rob Hall but not as good.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Sideshow Rob »

&quottheox&quot wrote:

Perhaps they borrowed it from Harry Redknapp?
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:
&quottheox&quot wrote:
&quotOUFC_Gav&quot wrote: The figure that is being talked about is £800,000. Might make a dent in their losses this year.
Or his dog?
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:
&quottheox&quot wrote:
&quotOUFC_Gav&quot wrote: The figure that is being talked about is £800,000. Might make a dent in their losses this year.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Makes you wonder what the leagues 2nd highest scorer, Jack Midson, is worth. We could make a few quid of...

...Oh.