Ajax

Anything yellow and blue
ox11yellow
Embryo

Ajax

Post by ox11yellow »

Ajax are replaying their game against AZ tonight - the game where the fan tried to attack the goalie &amp was then abandoned following the goalies sending off. Apparently only women &amp U16s are being allowed in to watch.

I wondered how many on here would drag up if that was to happen for an Oxford Utd match.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re: Ajax

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotox11yellow&quot wrote:Ajax are replaying their game against AZ tonight - the game where the fan tried to attack the goalie &amp was then abandoned following the goalies sending off. Apparently only women &amp U16s are being allowed in to watch.

I wondered how many on here would drag up if that was to happen for an Oxford Utd match.
I was totally unaware of the incident but on what basis has the decision above in bold been made? How can they ban all men over 16 from going to the game based on the actions of what I assume is one individual - can you shed some light?
ox11yellow
Embryo

Post by ox11yellow »

What I originally posted I got from SSN.

I've now seen this on Sportlife Football news:-

Initially the KNVB ordered tomorrow's game to be played behind closed doors, but relented and the match will now be played in front of a crowd consisting mainly of children from local schools and sports clubs, with a limited number of adults allowed in as chaperones. With around 20,000 children expected in the stands

I'd imagine the 2nd one is more likely - unless the chaperones have to be female.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

As punishment Ajax had to play the replay in front of a stadium full of children. They couldn't make it kids and women due to sex discrimination laws, so it is kids (U13s) ||1 supervising adult per 6 children.

story here. If it was anything like that annoying kid behind the goal at Torquay it will be a nightmare.