Beano

Anything yellow and blue
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re: beano

Post by Mooro »

&quotSTEVE F&quot wrote:BODIN BEEN ON LOAN NOW BACK AT SCUM
STILL THINK WE NEED ANOTHER STRIKER HAVE ALWAYS RATED BEN BURGGESS NOTTS COUNTY AS ANOTHER OPTION
INTERESTED TO HEAR OF OPTIONS ON FUTURE STRIKERS .
Woodley &amp Marsh should do - if we have to have someone in on loan, as seems to be the way nowadays, then I understand Forest have a handy striker who has just come back from a long injury that may need some game time......erm Dexter someone is it?
OUFC_Gav
Toddler

Re:

Post by OUFC_Gav »

&quotYankee Clipper&quot wrote:
&quottheox&quot wrote:This s*****n fan doesn't sound keen on the idea.......

http://www.s*****n.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=268801

The report allegedly being run by Sky Sports that Constable has asked to speak to S*****n after a 2nd bid came in is more of a worry. Has anyone seen that report?
Follow up tweet from Beano:
&quotTo clear up the rumours, &quotI have never asked to speak to Slumdon&quot so don't know where that has come from! No truth what so ever!&quot
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:
STILL THINK WE NEED ANOTHER STRIKER HAVE ALWAYS RATED BEN BURGGESS NOTTS COUNTY AS ANOTHER OPTION
Woodley &amp Marsh should do - if we have to have someone in on loan, as seems to be the way nowadays, then I understand Forest have a handy striker who has just come back from a long injury that may need some game time......erm Dexter someone is it?
I hear from a trusted 'sauce' that Woodley's attitude is questionable to say the least which may explain why the wunderkind hasn't played for the first team in recent times - it's make or break time for him soon methinks.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:
Marsh has just gone out on loan to Aylesbury.
Druid
Baby

Post by Druid »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotMooro&quot wrote:
Marsh has just gone out on loan to Aylesbury.

Marsh back at Aylesbury, but also a possibility of a loan to Banbury happening next.
Think he is still available to play for OUFC youth team (as R Hall recently).
Ty seems to have a great attitude and looks like the club want to see how he can cope with a more physical game.
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:
Jon are you suggesting that Woodley and Marsh could replace Constanble in a promotion push?
pottersrightboot
Brat

Post by pottersrightboot »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:
Don't think so.

Blackstock forget it -outside our price range. Woodley and Marsh, one appears inadequate and second is untried!

We also have an Aussie U-20 striker on books don't forget!
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

&quotPaul Cooper&quot wrote:
&quotMooro&quot wrote:
Jon are you suggesting that Woodley and Marsh could replace Constanble in a promotion push?
No, not really (unless they were allowed to do it together)!
Reports from Brackley/City seem to suggest that Aaron has been doing well at their level, while Marsh has been doing very well for the YT &amp reserves it seems, so I'd just be interested in how they would get on stepping up as opposed to say yet another loanee.
Saying that, Druid appears to be the font on the youngsters nowadays so maybe he could give us more idea.....

I know Blackstock is out of our league financially, it would just be nice to actually see him in an Oxford first team shirt
Druid
Baby

Post by Druid »

Am certainly not ITK, however believe that Crocombe is highly regarded and will be involved against Crewe.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotDruid&quot wrote:Am certainly not ITK, however believe that Crocombe is highly regarded and will be involved against Crewe.
Well, that's certainly more ITK than I am any more!
Apart from Marsh and Crocombe, are there any others doing particularly well this season - the captain tends to feature well in reports doesnt he?
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

&quotOUFC_Gav&quot wrote:
&quotYankee Clipper&quot wrote:
&quottheox&quot wrote:This s*****n fan doesn't sound keen on the idea.......

http://www.s*****n.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=268801

The report allegedly being run by Sky Sports that Constable has asked to speak to S*****n after a 2nd bid came in is more of a worry. Has anyone seen that report?
Follow up tweet from Beano:
&quotTo clear up the rumours, &quotI have never asked to speak to s*****n&quot so don't know where that has come from! No truth what so ever!&quot
Would have loved it if the asterisks were in his original tweet
The Boys from Up the Hill
Brat

Re:

Post by The Boys from Up the Hill »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:
&quotDruid&quot wrote:Am certainly not ITK, however believe that Crocombe is highly regarded and will be involved against Crewe.
Apart from Marsh and Crocombe, are there any others doing particularly well this season - the captain tends to feature well in reports doesnt he?
Again, certainly not ITK, but I did have an interesting comment on my blog.
As an outsider scout I was pleased to have turned up to see what talent OUFC had on display and agree once again with the three players mentioned, how ever I would like to draw the attention to the comment about Jack Ross being a player in the style of Asa Hall. I would put him in the role more of a once young Edward Sherringham or (Teddy) to the likes of the football world pundits,apparently I've just been informed that this lad had his ankle shattered back in March 2011 against Bouremouth and that this was only his fourth full game back from such a career threatening injury.If Jack Ross has come this far since that injury I will be keeping a close look at him for the rest of this season to see his progression, he has a gift of composure and great awareness of players around him and you can't coach that and this is a gift. I would like to wish him good luck in his future and that OUFC bring him through well who knows maybe our paths may cross in the near future. Good luck Jack Ross and OUFC. Chief Scout --FC
No idea if it's genuine but it did intrigue me and I thought it worth sharing.
Druid
Baby

Re:

Post by Druid »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:

Our current youth team is young, containing several 16 year olds, so could be strong next year.
Always difficult to predict how a youngster will develop (Woodley?) but one who has very much caught the eye recently is Jermaine Udumaga, 16, a creative midfielder.
Interesting that David Lynn, 16, a left back has been included in the team for OSC tomorrow when 2 senior LBs also in team.
The captain, Lewis Alderman is 18 and in his last year as a scholar, solid and mature but to me no better than Sam Parrish who was released last year - but hey, who am I to judge.
The bench for OSC game tomorrow is made up of one aged 17 -George Morris (mf) and four aged 16 - Josh Hill (gk), Sam Long (cb), Callum O'Dowda (mf) and Udumaga.
Will be interesting to see how the youngsters perform at North Leigh.