Burton Away

Anything yellow and blue
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Burton Away

Post by The OXman Cometh »

I may get the chance to make a very rare away trip when we play Burton later this month and I am thinking of visiting the National Brewery museum, has anybody been there at all?

(The museum not Burton Albion FC)
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Burton Away

Post by slappy »

&quotThe OXman Cometh&quot wrote:I may get the chance to make a very rare away trip when we play Burton later this month and I am thinking of visiting the National Brewery museum, has anybody been there at all?

(The museum not Burton Albion FC)
No - but watch out - Derby are at home in the FA Cup that weekend, and sharing stewards means the Burton game may well get moved, if Derby-Stoke stays as a Saturday kick-off. So yet again I will probably get screwed having already booked my train tickets for the Saturday.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

There is also the chance that Forest will be at home to Slumdon that weekend, too I believe...

...that could be an interesting away trip!
captainox
Toddler

Post by captainox »

Confirmed as SUNDAY 29th January - 3pm.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Unlucky Slappy.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

But lucky me. The closest Division 4 ground to me and yet again I could not make it - until now.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Unlucky Slappy.
My original Guildford-Burton train tickets were only £21 return. But travelling on the Sunday is now £53.
So considering:-
- paying an extra £6.20 return from Burton-Derby and going to see Derby-Stoke in the FA Cup (£19 entry) on the Saturday
- going for an afternoon out in Burton to the National Brewery Centre
- or trying to change train tickets for the Sunday
- or going to both matches.
captainox
Toddler

Post by captainox »

I feel your pain Slappy.
Being based in Hull whilst at University, I had identified the trains I would need to get, 2 changes included to get me into Burton £23.10 return.
With the game now being a Sunday, there are less trains, 3 in fact that would get me into Burton in time for a 3pm kickoff, 2 of these involve a bus journey from Goole to Sheffield. Whilst trains back on the sunday evening would involve me making at least 3 changes. A return being a lovely £48.

The only positive about the game now being a Sunday? I can go and watch Hull play Crawley in the FA Cup the day before and hand out some abuse to a certain scottish manager.