Jan 2012 transfer window - any ideas?

Anything yellow and blue
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Jan 2012 transfer window - any ideas?

Post by SmileyMan »

Any ideas for potential OUFC players to buy or offload this January?

My personal preference is for Wilder to stop tinkering with the side, so I'd be happy to see us make no purchases, except making Robbie Hall permanent if available.

Maybe another 'keeper to put some pressure on Clarke. The intersection of 'good enough' and 'wants to be our second goalie' is pretty slim though - maybe Matt Ingram at Wycombe could be persuaded up the M40 given their current form?
womble
Brat

Post by womble »

simon clist has moved to hereford contract cancelled by mutual consent
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re: Jan 2012 transfer window - any ideas?

Post by Baboo »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:Any ideas for potential OUFC players to buy or offload this January?

My personal preference is for Wilder to stop tinkering with the side, so I'd be happy to see us make no purchases, except making Robbie Hall permanent if available.

Maybe another 'keeper to put some pressure on Clarke. The intersection of 'good enough' and 'wants to be our second goalie' is pretty slim though - maybe Matt Ingram at Wycombe could be persuaded up the M40 given their current form?
Robbie Hall permanent ??? If you mean a permanent loan until the end of the season, then yes. But proper permanent, well we've got as much chance of signing Messi.

Er, don't we have a second keeper in Brown. Just that he cocked up in the JPT doesn't mean that he is not doing what he is being paid to do. I've seen no evidence that Clarkie can't be arsed because there is no one really pushing him for that no:1 spot. The fans sign England's no:1.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

One of Hoglette's team-mates has a ST at Reading and facebooked her on NYE to say they were after Simon Heslop! My how we laughed! But then someone else mentioned it on the RO phone-in yesterday ...
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

They can have Hessie if we can have Michail Antonio (the powerful young Reading forward who has blistering pace and strength)
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I've heard several times that Beano is on his way to Millwall.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:I've heard several times that Beano is on his way to Millwall.
I have heard that Beano is on his way to pretty much everyone you can imagine. In particular Luton, Bournemouth, Swind*n and Millwall with Hackett as a makeweight. The only team that hasn't been mention in relation to him is Raging Fever, but he would never get the nod ahead of Matthews The Machine.

Personally I would be astounded if he went anywhere in this window.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotRoo&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:I've heard several times that Beano is on his way to Millwall.
I have heard that Beano is on his way to pretty much everyone you can imagine. In particular Luton, Bournemouth, Swind*n and Millwall with Hackett as a makeweight. The only team that hasn't been mention in relation to him is Raging Fever, but he would never get the nod ahead of Matthews The Machine.

Personally I would be astounded if he went anywhere in this window.
I quite agree. I've also heard rumours about Brentford, with Clayton Donaldson making the opposite journey. Donaldson has only ever had 2 good seasons, and one of those was in non-league when York spent a shed load of cash to get him a decent supply.

I wouldn't be unhappy to see Hackett in a yellows shirt again.

It would show terrible ambition on the part of the club to sell the present top scorer and top scorer for every season he has been present. I could understand if Beano wanted to sign for a top League 1 or Championship club, but otherwise he would do better to remain at Oxford.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:I quite agree. I've also heard rumours about Brentford, with Clayton Donaldson making the opposite journey. .
Hasnt he been here before - although given that my memory is of a player with that name while we were at the Manor then it may be another....

BTW - Ryan James has left - Green and Clist already - suspect someone is coming.
If Hackett did turn up, would he suit our formation at the moment, given that he has spent most of his time at Millwall playing right back...?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotMooro&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:I quite agree. I've also heard rumours about Brentford, with Clayton Donaldson making the opposite journey. .
Hasnt he been here before - although given that my memory is of a player with that name while we were at the Manor then it may be another....

BTW - Ryan James has left - Green and Clist already - suspect someone is coming.
If Hackett did turn up, would he suit our formation at the moment, given that he has spent most of his time at Millwall playing right back...?
He would give options for playing 4-4-2. Surprised he has been played at the back by Millwall. Presumably as a wing back rather than full back, which he also spent a fair amount of time doing for us, although my recollection of his defensive abilities is that they weren't anywhere near as good as his attacking abilities.

Green and Clist were effectively already gone, so them signing permanent deals for Mansfield and Hereford makes little odds, although I guess we may have subsidised the loan wages a little. I doubt Ryan James was on much, so that would only make a marginal difference. Those movements are largely just a case of tidying the books.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:
Are you thinking of O'Neill Donaldson?
wightyellow
Puberty

Re:

Post by wightyellow »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotMooro&quot wrote:
I still have nightmares....Also Beano lives in Bournemouth, apparently.
It's not the despair....it's the hope....
The Boys from Up the Hill
Brat

Post by The Boys from Up the Hill »

I wrote a little bit about this last week, in particular the Beano rumours, the possibility of another Hall loan and also a look at our promotion rivals' plans.

http&#58//theboysfromupthehill&#46blogs ... es&#46html
Aylesbury Rich
Brat

Re:

Post by Aylesbury Rich »

&quotwightyellow&quot wrote:
&quotMooro&quot wrote: Hasnt he been here before - although given that my memory is of a player with that name while we were at the Manor then it may be another....
I still have nightmares....Also Beano lives in Bournemouth, apparently.
I'm pretty sure he lives in Wooton Bassett.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:
Great goalscoring percentage. That must make him worth AT LEAST £250k... )