Any Oxford fans living t'up North?

Anything yellow and blue
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Ancient Colin »

&quottomoufc&quot wrote:Massive yellow's fan ...
As massive as Akinfenwa?
captainox
Toddler

Re:

Post by captainox »

&quotYellow-Robbo&quot wrote:Thanks for all of your replies - I completely forgot I posted this, so have only just checked back!

As was highlighted earlier in the feed, with its current teams, League 2 is rubbish for us northern based OUFC fans - I went to Stockport, Lincoln, Bury and Chesterfield last year (the latter being the best!) and they have all left the league.

I'm not a massive fan of dragging non OUFC mates, or my GF to games, hence why I started this thread. I was at Uni in Leeds and have just moved here permanently, so I'm looking to assemble an ultimate squad of Northern fans who travel to games from t'up North.

I'll be going to Burton and Bradford in the foreseeable future.
there's also quite a few yellows out in the bridlington/scarborough area too.

I suppose we could always start a facebook group or similar for northern exiles
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

There used to be a contributor on here with the handle yorkie. He wasn't the same Yorkie that used to run the George but he did live in York.
Yorkie
Toddler

Post by Yorkie »

There used to be a contributor on here with the handle yorkie. He wasn't the same Yorkie that used to run the George but he did live in York.
That would be me then I've already posted in this thread ...
I've lived in York for ten years now, but that leaves some way to go to match 25 years in Headington, and as a pensioner I may or may not survive that long.

Yes, I haven't contributed much recently, largely because I've been to very few games - for the reasons I gave in the above post. I've emailed CaptainOx as requested, and hope to get to Burton (though something else may get in the way that weekend), and then Bradford in March. I will also probably go to a couple of home games, as I used to when we regularly went to see an elderly relative near Newbury - but that stopped when she died a few years ago. We still visit friends in Oxford sometimes though, and I expect to go down before the end of the season, preferably when the Us have a home game.
captainox
Toddler

Re:

Post by captainox »

&quotYorkie&quot wrote:
I've lived in York for ten years now, but that leaves some way to go to match 25 years in Headington, and as a pensioner I may or may not survive that long.

Yes, I haven't contributed much recently, largely because I've been to very few games - for the reasons I gave in the above post. I've emailed CaptainOx as requested, and hope to get to Burton (though something else may get in the way that weekend), and then Bradford in March. I will also probably go to a couple of home games, as I used to when we regularly went to see an elderly relative near Newbury - but that stopped when she died a few years ago. We still visit friends in Oxford sometimes though, and I expect to go down before the end of the season, preferably when the Us have a home game.
not had any messages through yet mate.
Yorkie
Toddler

Post by Yorkie »

Strange - I sent it last week via the 'email' button next to 'profile' and 'pm' at the bottom of the message panel. Maybe I should have used 'pm'?

I'll send another one, but not now until next week as I'm away without web access over the Christmas weekend.
captainox
Toddler

Post by captainox »

In case any York Yellows read this before the game tomorrow.

I'm planning on going to &quotthe terrace&quot on stonebow opposite the end of the shambles to watch the game
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotYorkie&quot wrote:

Note to self - read the thread properly before posting. I too plan to go to Burton but the weather may sway my decision as the current plan is to spend the weekend at my pied a terre in Worcs but I won't go if it is snowing.
Yorkie
Toddler

Northern supporters

Post by Yorkie »

I've tried again, this time via the 'PM' button ... but after 18 hours it's still sitting in the Outbox so I'm not sure it's gone. So I've now also sent the same message via the 'email' button. Hope at least one of these gets through ...