Best ever Oxford goals

Anything yellow and blue
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:I thought Joeys goal against Exeter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8G8p-5eWHQ was pretty good and was the best goal at the KasStad until Jamie Cooks last season, techinically is was fanatasic, dropping ball, from a standing position and he managed to keep it down and also get lots of power behind it.
That would be the Jamie Cook goal against Luton. Luton who are just starting their 3rd season in the Conference. When was that wonderful day at Wembley?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Are we talking about best goals or our favourite goals? The former is obviously Leven's on Saturday (second is Leven's on Tuesday :wink: ). Can't believe I was present for both - my first two home games of the season!

As for favourite goals, here are some:

Phil Whelan's last minute winner while sat on his arse at Colchester
Murph at the Madejski
Fordy's second in 2-2 draw at Cambridge
Bobby Ford at Southampton in the Cup
Bobby Ford last-minute equaliser direct from a corner at Millwall in the Cup
Mark Rawle at Cambridge (or was it Kidderminster? He scored late on at both in quickish succesion as I recall)
Moody at Slumdon (the best bit was the blatant foul on their keeper)
John Durnin vs Stoke c. 1990 (left-footed angled volley into roof of the net at London Road end to win 3-2)
Magilton's late winner at home to West Ham in 2-1 Cup win
Jimmy Magic scoring our third to seal a win at Stamford Bridge in the Cup in front of the away end.
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Post by Shoobedoo »

Oh well, if you're talking about favourite goal, then Joey's against Slumdon in the 3-0. By a country mile.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Jim Magilton's winner at Elland Road in 1994. This followed two very late Leeds goals which saw the hoardes of departing Leeds fans rush back into the stadium to watch extra time.
bspittles
Brat

Post by bspittles »

Peter Foley in the snow, sliding on his backside with the ball between his knees in front of the London Road. No idea who it was against!
x586
Brat

Re:

Post by x586 »

Mark Rawle at Cambridge (or was it Kidderminster? He scored late on at both in quickish succesion as I recall)

His goal at Kidderminster was excellent - a curling shot from the edge of the box into the top corner. Seem to remember that they equalized, and then missed a penalty. The day is memorable for me in regards to getting bladdered (in Bridgenorth) after the match ...

One goal which I much enjoyed was David Rush v Cambridge United (94/95 season?) - Elliott scored the first, Cambridge equalized on 90 minutes, Oxford get a corner (?), Rush unmarked from ten yards and 1-2 it was. Whilst buying a lottery ticket after the match in a newsagent, an elderly Cambridge supporter approached me and said (aggressively) &quotyou were lucky bastards&quot, and then spent a minute or two glowering at me and mumbling oaths.....
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Matt Elliott's at Carlisle

The really good one of John Durnin's four against Luton.

Why can't I remember a Simmo screamer? he must have scored some beauties...
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Re:

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

&quotx586&quot wrote:Mark Rawle at Cambridge (or was it Kidderminster? He scored late on at both in quickish succesion as I recall)

His goal at Kidderminster was excellent - a curling shot from the edge of the box into the top corner. Seem to remember that they equalized, and then missed a penalty. The day is memorable for me in regards to getting bladdered (in Bridgenorth) after the match ...

One goal which I much enjoyed was David Rush v Cambridge United (94/95 season?) - Elliott scored the first, Cambridge equalized on 90 minutes, Oxford get a corner (?), Rush unmarked from ten yards and 1-2 it was. Whilst buying a lottery ticket after the match in a newsagent, an elderly Cambridge supporter approached me and said (aggressively) &quotyou were lucky bastards&quot, and then spent a minute or two glowering at me and mumbling oaths.....
:D Happy days. I was there and remember it well. It was straight from the kick off if I remember rightly. The Cambridge players were totally distraught.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotbspittles&quot wrote:Peter Foley in the snow, sliding on his backside with the ball between his knees in front of the London Road. No idea who it was against!
We played Watford on a snow bound pitch in January 1979 and Foley scored
in front of a big crowd.

http://www.rageonline.co.uk/mainpage.ph ... :00:00.000

It could even have been this match at home to Reading in December 1976 on a snow bound pitch

http://www.rageonline.co.uk/mainpage.ph ... :00:00.000
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:Matt Elliott's at Carlisle

The really good one of John Durnin's four against Luton.

Why can't I remember a Simmo screamer? he must have scored some beauties...
What about Simpson's chip against Bristol City in Nov. 1990 - a terrific piece of skill.

Simpson also got three great goals at home to Brighton that season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mh1EXhkxWc

This was a sublime chip by Jim Magilton also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaUpHT7Ha0w&ampNR=1
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:Why can't I remember a Simmo screamer? he must have scored some beauties...
Here are a couple